Music You've Been Listening To

New Ghost. Rest of new EP is killer too.

https://youtu.be/VqoyKzgkqR4

Probably the greatest band no ones ever heard of.

I doubt they’d make mainstream Australia. Lot’s of great bands coming out of Sweden:
Ghost
The Hellacopters
Graveyard
Enforcer
new Opeth (if you like prog rock)
Imperial State Electric
Lots of old school metal (Entombed, Dismember, At the Gates, In Flames, old Opeth, Arch Enemy)

Heard this for the first time ever on PBS, and it’s a rockin tune. Early Springsteen band, Steel Mill.

Rockin, funkiness groove, wailin guitar and keyboard solos.

You’ll love it!

New Ghost. Rest of new EP is killer too.

https://youtu.be/VqoyKzgkqR4

Probably the greatest band no ones ever heard of.

I doubt they’d make mainstream Australia. Lot’s of great bands coming out of Sweden:
Ghost
The Hellacopters
Graveyard
Enforcer
new Opeth (if you like prog rock)
Imperial State Electric
Lots of old school metal (Entombed, Dismember, At the Gates, In Flames, old Opeth, Arch Enemy)

yup, always been big fan of Swedish music:

Entombed
In Flames
Opeth
TID
Magna Carta Cartel
Ghost
The Great Discord
Meshuggah
Katatonia

Oh, you say you like Swedish music?

These are some of the best compilations I’ve ever owned, mostly Swedish punk, Ska, Hard core etc (mid '90s tho)

Liberator
No Fun at All
59 times the pain
Millencolin
The Hives
Raised fist
Satanic Surfers

Here’s links to the first 2, each album has about 10-12 bands doing a couple tracks each, think there’s plenty more they’ve put out.

No Fun At All - The Tote Hotel…one of the best shows ever.
Raised Fist at the Corner Hotel…also amazing

Michel Petrucciani had style and flair and wit and a killer right hand and could swing like few others, and I just stumbled on this clip which demonstrates all of that. Went way too young but certainly was determined to make the most of what time he had, if the documentary about him is any guide.

Neil Young…70 years young and still going strong

I wrote this song, its probably one of my favourite songs I have written. Let me know what you think

Naked Giants. RIP EP.

indie rock with a punk edge. Some catchy riffs, too.

Been back on a Mastodon kick lately in prep for he new album coming out early next year ( a double by all reports, one written by Brent the other by Bill)

Clip is funny, wait for it

Been back on a Mastodon kick lately in prep for he new album coming out early next year ( a double by all reports, one written by Brent the other by Bill)

Clip is funny, wait for it

Haha I remember the hate this clip got when it first came out

The new album by The Growlers is awesome. One of the few times I’ve loved an album immediately. The album is called City Club and the title track, City Club, is the pick of the lot.

I’ve been listening to some of The Church’s early albums today…(imo) they’re right up there with the best bands Australia has ever produced.

Quiet night at work so I’ve been able to give some albums a spin. Some newbies and some old favourites:

Bruce Springsteen - Chapter & Verse
Foo Fighters - Cecilia EP
Gutterpup - Open Wide
Mad Season - Live at the Moore Theatre
Massive - Destination Somewhere
Soundgarden - Louder Than Love
Trash Dogs - Vol. 1 EP

Had a bad hearing aid day but I have to say that the Brad Mehldau solo concert yesterday at Melba Hall was ■■■■■■■ brilliant. I was totally expecting him to deconstruct 90s something classics but he stuck to the Great American Songbook with an original, his obligatory Beatles track and some Neil Young song I’ve never head of. His final encore was a deconstruction of Pinball Wizard and the woman next to me, who was bored out of her brain and fidgeted the whole time and kept sneaking looks at her phone, the idiot!, looked quizzically at her partner when he woo hooed out loud at recognising the riff. He gave her that look of condensation and whispered “Elton John”. FMD, I kid you not, they deserve one another. Thank God Keith Moon wasn’t next to them, could have been ugly.
I’m not quite sure what it is that Mehldau does, I’m not a muso, but I was in the second row and his hands are a sight to behold. He definitely has ditched the chordal claw left hand cliche, using it instead to construct complex rhythmically driven lines that provide melodic counterpoint? to the usual dominant right, which often had to assume the left’s role, when the left took over the lead. At times he turned the single Steinway, that’s the only piano Mehldau plays, into a veritable orchestra…with church bell chiming to boot. ■■■■, I can’t even coordinate my hands to type so I’ve no hope of describing what it is that he does.
P.S. Melbourne Uni’s Melba Hall might look quaint and pretty but I can now tell you from experience to avoid the front seats, the sound might be great up back but it surfs over the front rows and I wish I hadn’t prerung them to trot out my hearing impaired spiel, it was a general seating affair, for the reserved seat for the hearing disabled. The guy told me it was the best seat in the house when I arrived fashionably late, but he was very wrong. Still even with sound issues it was just soooo good.

He didn’t play this but feast your eyes on the left hand!

One of those rare occasions when a cover version surpasses the original. Canned Heat would be proud of this effort. Best slide playing l have heard since Sonny Landreth, which he in no way resembles. l detected a funky back beat thing going on as well, to give this particular version of On The Road, an extra dimension, not found in the original. Wonderful work.

Rockin’ tune, ■■■■ film clip…

Radio Birdman live. Amazing band. And one stylish thing host

Speaking of the '90s Hard ons at what appears to be a big day out?
Sydney early 90s same year Nirvana played?