That sounds great, shorty girlā€™s a trooper
No matter what I need her to do, she be like, ā€œSUPER!ā€
Own his own throne, the boss like King Koopa
On the microphone he flossed the ring, ā€œSUPER!ā€
Average emcees is like a TV blooper
MF Doom, heā€™s like D.B. Cooperā€¦"

My avatar, ALL CAPS.

1 Like

The French did punk badly, in fact they just didnā€™t really do it the way the Anglophones did. If you like Joy Division type stuff, you may like this, early 80ā€™s French Coldwave, which I guess was the Franco interpretation of Post Punk. Kinda suits the frikken grim, frosty weather outside right now.

1 Like

I came across this one the other day, itā€™s getting some good reviews:

Iā€™ve never heard them before, but it sounds pretty alright. Psychedelic rock/Stoner metal

Just got my copy in the mail. Get stuck into their back catalogue,absolute ripping band. Even better live.

1 Like

Any preference out of their previous? Or just a case of start from the beginning?

Yeah go from the debut S/T. They were only teens when they made it. Their growth and progression from each LP is really impressive. This is the first effort not as a three piece which makes their earlier work even more amazing. If you get into this sub gen then these guys are up there.

1 Like

All the Clouds video clips have since been uploaded to YouTube by user Antipodes. First time to see some of those in ages.

1 Like

Trisomie 21 had some cool stuff too. Worth checking out if you havenā€™t previously.

Cheers. I found a pretty good quality one on youtube, Iā€™ll give it a listen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ-M5Ijxih4

Just ordered OKNOTOK vinyl cant wait.

1 Like

Ah cheers, very good or as they would say, ā€œexceptionnelā€.

1 Like

Started listening to Hollywood Undead a couple of weeks ago.
Enough changes from 3 Days Grace style rock to Eminem tongue in cheek rap to keep me interested

Never felt so out of touch with some of the rock songs of the 90ā€™sā€¦ Listened to Triple M and thought this song was a new oneā€¦ How very wrong I was when I looked it upā€¦

This is a ZZ Top cover from the above album

Well, if weā€™re doing Albums,ā€¦ the SYHHIY thread led me to burn this one to a CD and has been on endless loop in the car for a while now.

Whilst thereā€™s a couple of tracks I might consider filler, it strikes as good a chord with me now as it did then, ā€¦ and I had thought there were a few here who would like the full LP if they heard it, ā€¦ particularly @wimmera1 came to mind.

3 Likes

Arenā€™t we supposed to do albums here?

I thought it was just about whatever music you happened to be listening to. Iā€™m currently listening to the album I posted a few posts backā€¦itā€™s a ripper

If you liked Mark Lanegan / Screaming Trees, youā€™ll like Zodiac

1 Like