Music You've Been Listening To

Not heard either.

Will give it a crack.

Was a big Helmet fan, but I’ve tried to go back to it, and it hasn’t aged as well as some other stuff.

Think they’re touring soon tho

The soundtrack sounds dated but was pretty timely back when released. The lineup is impressive and some tunes work really well.

I think Helmet still sound great. Cool live band, even just to watch Stanier killing it on drums.

1 Like

I found they were just too tight and almost clinical in the live performance, but loved them anyway.

This one still holds up, great collaboration.

2 Likes

lots of great tunes on that album

gets a regular run at my house.

1 Like

John hasn’t played drums for them since they first broke up in '98. Page tried to get him to join when he was resurrecting the band but John refused to even speak to him. He plays for Tomahawk, Battles and Mark of Cain now

1 Like

Wow. I remember seeing them at Big Day Out in the 90s, wasn’t really a fan before their performance but was converted pretty quickly. Still rate it as one of the best live shows I have ever seen (admittedly don’t get to see many live performances these days).

They were probably alot more enthusiastic before their initial break up. Their reunion came at a point when every band and their dogs were doing reunion tours. Im guessing alot of those bands forgot why they broke up in the first place.

1 Like

Oops, thanks. I’ve seen him in Battles numerous times. I thought Helmet was done and dusted and maybe had reformed with the original lineup.

A Boogie Wit da Hoodie has very solid debut if you like street swagger and melody.

Has potential to get big fast

I’ve seen them a number of times and you are right that was the worst performance I’ve ever seen of the theres.
It was hot and daylight and they simply didn’t want to be there. I then saw them the next night at the solo show and was worried they had gone past it. Not a chance. They blew everyone away. They were as powerful as they were the first time i saw them in 93/94 at Festival Hall. Brutal. And the mosh to JCP was as intense 20 odd years later.

Really? I listen to Betty the other day and it freaked me out how good it was.

I’ll have to go back and revisit.

I liked the Born Annoying 7 inch

And some of Meantime is just rolled Gold

After playing Suicidal Temdencies Institutionalised last night, and then Body Count, I jump in the car this arvo and BAM Body Count playing ST institutionalised.

Awesome version, especially when when the Vegan gets up in his face

1 Like

The played ‘In the Meantime’ on triple R this afternoon. I was going off and the kids were freaking out wondering what the hell they were listening to!

2 Likes

Can’t get enough of these guys at the minute. Saw them at the Forum a couple of weeks ago. Was mental.

1 Like

i saw Battles at GC Big Day Out a few years ago

total train wreck… equipment not working, John was bad mood screaming at other players.

I’m sure I’m laaaaaate, I’m friggin’ old.
But I also love pop.
And this 4 minutes/Madonna beat with a touch of Janet at the end…
Love it.

get that phone tone going!

‘Ken love this track, probably 30 years old, but still going strong

2 Likes

Gotta love at these corporate gigs when the crowd just stand there when the band at ripping it up.

1 Like