Music You've Been Listening To

1 Like
1 Like

Rock ‘n’ roll legend and feminist pioneer Joan Jett is taking over Rage with a little help from her Blackheart Records co-founder, Kenny Laguna.

Currently playing Slade Mama weer all crazee now

Always loved the Jarrett trio’s grooved version of the Billy Holiday standard from their first Standards album. This is a bit later, 86, and different but the same, of course. They take the tune for a stroll.

Lots of vintage Jarrett suddenly surfacing on the net. He hasn’t played live in over a year due to unspecified health issues. Hope there’s no connection.

Oh lordy Dave A!

2 Likes

“I’m on my way…”

2 Likes

If I ever go back to New York I think I’ll skip all the tourist traps and camp on the “sidewalk” outside The Stone for a week (that’s if it has a “sidewalk”).

Where is the Stone in NY? I’m there in September

Brooklyn, I think. Manhattan rents are too steep for adventurous artists now.

Cool, will check it out. Thanks

1 Like

New Whitechapel is killer. Loving this track and clip

This in no way shape or form was fitting for a Top of the Pops crowd.

2 Likes

A few weeks back, Henry Rollins gave a shout out to female-led Aussie punk bands on a panel for a new doco called “Punk”. He name-dropped BB And The Blips, Cable Ties, and High Tension. Here’s a Blips track:

Here’s a 25-min video of the panel, infamous for Johnny Rotten and Marky Ramone getting stuck into each other (around 15:30). Duff McKagan’s parts are good, and Rollins’ shout out comes around the 22:30 mark: