Music You've Been Listening To

Listening to it as I write this! Nothing revolutionary but good old QOTSA! :ok_hand::heart_eyes::muscle:

1 Like

Ive been getting into Volbeat.

Great music to work out too.

Quite like this new song & video by The Hives, reminds me of my workplace

Just been listening to this album that popped up on my YouTube feed.

Classified as Psych/Stoner/Post Rock

It’s bl**dy good if you like that genre

2 Likes

They can be hard to keep up with but the new King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard absolutely shreds. If you’re a fan of their heavier stuff, notably Infest The Rats Nest, then you’ll love it. Full on thrash desert stoner rock replete with throat singing and psy ambient beats. Wild stuff.

1 Like

Lead single for upcoming album dropped two days ago.

I’m way too old to like her stuff, but I do.
Real instruments, voice isn’t processed too much and is distinctive and has nuance, and genuinely good song-writing.

1 Like

She has a Lana Del Rey thing going there.

I’ve just been listening to Born To Die and this could have fit on that album.

1 Like

My wife played this for me last night. I am not a big fan of talent shows as the style of singing they promote is all much the same, but this one grabbed me. The singer is a 17 year old blind girl from Indonesia and her performance is nothing less than sensational.

Scat time with Joe’s daughter.

2 Likes

The Gurus are one of Australia’s great bands and always put on a great gig.
I love this lesser known song, which is them having fun… a kind of mini prog-opera in a mix of 2/4 and 3/4 time and all over and done with in 2-and-a-half minutes.

Beautiful song. Unfortunately Kate died in her 40’s.

2 Likes

It certainly was…I’ve never heard of her before this.

1 Like

恋曲 1990. Love Song 1990. Yaki Ling remix.

Original
羅大佑 Lo Da-Yu【戀曲1990 Love Song 1990】電影『又見阿郎 All About Ah-Long』主題曲 Official Music Video - YouTube
English subs
Lian Qu 1990 恋曲 1990 - Lei Ting 雷婷 - Love Song 1990 - Lagu Cinta 1990 - YouTube

This is great, and far better than you’d expect from a band who make an album roughly every 10 years these days. Major Scary Monsters vibes…
Graham Coxon is an outstanding guitarist…

New Greta Van Fleet album released today

2 Likes

Wow, that’s an out there tune, really original approach, I liked it.

Unfortunately I can’t go see them next month here, it clashed with a chance to take the family on a beach holiday. Damn, I heard the recent shows were great.

1 Like

It’s good isn’t it? Love its loping groove, and those gloriously raucous guitar squalls.
The rest of the album’s pretty good too, albeit far more restrained and mellow. Nice tunes though…

1 Like