Music You've Been Listening To

Give this a crack @Doggatron , @swoodley

1 Like
4 Likes
4 Likes

Yep, those are two from the Attack of the Clowns setlist.

How good are STP :heart_eyes:

1 Like

In a hard rock phase. Loving these guys.

Heard this song a lot of the years, but I don’t think I ever genuinely appreciated how good it actually is.

1 Like

Hendrix died on this date/day, 53 years ago.

2 Likes

Gone down the rabbit hole with this song. Improvisation at its best. Every version hits differently. Masterpiece.

Thanks for this. I haven’t laughed so much for ages!

Sorry, I got on a bit of a roll here but here’s a few things I’ve been listening to on high rotation lately…

Blake Scott (from Peep Tempel) - Niscitam

Hillman Hunter gets me every time and the end of Kalashnikov is such a brutal narrative twist but I’ve gone with Bullfoat Zen here because the sun is shining and this feels a better fit for today.

Goat - Commune

Moss Icon - Lyburnum Wits End Liberation Fly

Jensen Tjhung (Lower Plenty) & Tom Lyngcoln (Harmony / The Nation Blue)

Public Service Broadcasting - Every Valley

a concept album that serves somewhat as an oral history of Welsh coal mining

Rites of Spring - S/T

and lastly, Blueline Medic’s cover of Tori Amos’ Precious Things.

1 Like

Just discovered this band Sleep Token. They aren’t new, but new to me. It’s been a wild few nights listening through their stuff.
Many genres in one song, all very different.

2 Likes

They also get a run over in the metal thread.

1 Like

Great band.

30 years old today… :flushed: still so fresh.

Been on a bit of a late 80’s-early 90’s UK trip today…

Love the House of Love track in particular…

1 Like

I’ll add this one

2 Likes

Not sure if there are any Jarrett tragics here, other than me, but there are literally legions all around the world. And although he can’t play anymore, due to a series of strokes, we, the obsessed fan base, scan the internet in the hope someone has posted something, anything, NEW. Because that was always the key to Jarrett, it was improvised and new, and don’t hold your breath waiting for him to do a nostalgia tour of the Koln Concert(There are plenty of impersonators doing it already anyway). But this dedicated bootleg channel has been spitting out hundreds of unreleased concerts, most of them from crappy devices hidden in backpacks, that are barely listenable, unless you’re a diehard like me. And then this pops up out of nowhere, a pretty clean, clear recording of a wonderfully imaginative, melodic series of improvs from 2015, one of his last concerts, and it’s simply bloody marvelous.

One of my favourite musicians of all time, Joe Zawinul (of Weather Report fame) was always inspired by world music and leaned that way later with his own music.

Watching stuff like this I can understand. The culture in some music is so rich:

The instruments are so unique. They create quite the soundscape together.

P.S. KEXP is very worthwhile checking out on YouTube. So much cool stuff. Some really awesome sets by Mac Demarco on there if anytime is into him.

1 Like

Deep Sea Diver - supported Pearl Jam on their recent US tour.

1 Like