Musos? What do you play? Let's see 'em!

Show us your goodies!

i play a premier signia. heres some weird ■■■■ i did with mike patton in SF once - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eeC28PKfQQ

What do you use for your live "Crumbs" sets, Crumbs? Ableton and what controller(s)?

I've had people paying me money to play other people's music since 1995. Started beatmatching vinyl, can scratch very badly, and am currently using Native Instruments software and controllers; S4, X1 and I'm about to buy a Z1. The Traktor iPad app is brilliant. I also use Aiaiai TMA-1 headphones. 

Cool - what name do you use for your sets? My Crumbs sets are pretty simple - I use a SP404 to trigger my songs and sounds with added effects. I'm not very proud of it. I've never made that music with Ableton/computers so I'm not as advanced as yourself and some peers...Traktor App for Ipad looks like allot of fun...!

I DJ as Texas. Unless you have been in the Hobart club scene you probably wouldn't have heard me play. I only moved to Melbourne last year and have been too busy playing tourist and living the life to start hustling for gigs.

I can't drive DAW's myself so I'm in awe of those who can, especially those who approach it from a live music background. And yeah, Traktor iPad is tops. I even recorded a 40 minute mix on a plane the other day, and it came out great!

I'll put photos up later, but I have a Taylor Acoustic, Burns Red Special, 2011 American Deluxe Strat, Gibson Les Paul BFG and my own PRS Private Stock #4412. I also have a gorgeous Ibanez sr500 bass.

I DJ as Texas. Unless you have been in the Hobart club scene you probably wouldn't have heard me play. I only moved to Melbourne last year and have been too busy playing tourist and living the life to start hustling for gigs.

I can't drive DAW's myself so I'm in awe of those who can, especially those who approach it from a live music background. And yeah, Traktor iPad is tops. I even recorded a 40 minute mix on a plane the other day, and it came out great!

Not into electronic music at all, and I struggle to grasp things like traktor, but respect anyone tat can do it. For a DAW I use Presonus StudioOne. Beautiful DAW for beginner to pro to learn. Because I do a lot of recording, it's really straight forward and easy to use.

That's rad spartan, what a great armory.

I have a Gibson les paul standard, 2x Ibanez ART700's and an ESP Ltd EC1000 (Which I love)

I play them through 2 Line 6 Head Units, an original Line 6 Flextone HDII 300 and Line 6 Spider Valve Bogner Series 2.

I run them through a vintage Hiwatt 4x12 cab and a custom built Lorantz Audio 4x12 which can load 400 watts stereo at 8 Ohms

Would love to hear that Lorantz

I absolutely LOVE all my guitars, but man, that PRS.....

I have a Washburn WD-10SCE.

Have been playing for a few months now and slowly progressing...

Absolutely loving the challenge but!

I haven't played for years (and was not much more than a hack when I did) but I have lots of mates who do, so I have come to appreciate good guitars. I must say that when I saw you had a PRS Private Stock I was impressed

I haven't played for years (and was not much more than a hack when I did) but I have lots of mates who do, so I have come to appreciate good guitars. I must say that when I saw you had a PRS Private Stock I was impressed

I'm pretty much a hack too, but I just LOVE them! I love collecting them too!

It took me 20 years of desire! I'm so glad I did it too, as much as a piece of art as an instrument. And at least my daughter will have a nice collection when I fall off the perch one day!

My own custom colour with Mahogany back, Quilt Maple top, Flame maple neck, Macassar Ebony fingerboard and Red Coral inlays

That is brilliant mate! Stunning, absolutely stunning. Plays like it looks?

Beautiful looking guitar Spartan. I love the quilted top. What's the story behind the "Be Thou My Vision" on the back of the headstock?

I've got a couple of nice electrics. A Gibson 335 and an American Fender Strat. I'd love to add a Les Paul to my collection at some point too. I play them through a couple of Marshall amps - a JTM1 and a JCM1. They are 1 watt amps based on the classic JTM45 and JCM800. 1 watt is surprisingly loud. Loud enough to bother the neighbours, though not loud enough to keep up with a drummer. I recently traded in my beloved Fender Princeton Reverb for those amps. I also play some keyboard and have a 1970s upright Yamaha piano, and a Novation SL MkII midi controller which I use with Logic. There's also a Maton 225c acoustic and a bunch of pedals I play my electrics through.

Plays amazing. As far as the 'title' if you will, it's actually a really old irish hymn, but I'm just in love with the song. 

It was fitting though that I spent that much time envisioning the guitar, that it truly became my vision. There is also a long

back story as well in that at the start of the year I almost died yada yada yada, so it DID become a vision to focus on.

Beautiful looking guitar Spartan. I love the quilted top. What's the story behind the "Be Thou My Vision" on the back of the headstock?

I've got a couple of nice electrics. A Gibson 335 and an American Fender Strat. I'd love to add a Les Paul to my collection at some point too. I play them through a couple of Marshall amps - a JTM1 and a JCM1. They are 1 watt amps based on the classic JTM45 and JCM800. 1 watt is surprisingly loud. Loud enough to bother the neighbours, though not loud enough to keep up with a drummer. I recently traded in my beloved Fender Princeton Reverb for those amps. I also play some keyboard and have a 1970s upright Yamaha piano, and a Novation SL MkII midi controller which I use with Logic. There's also a Maton 225c acoustic and a bunch of pedals I play my electrics through.

Brave man to drop a Princeton! Those 1 watt amps are amazing for recording though, you can crank the ■■■■ out of them and they just record brilliantly. My Ironheart has a know that reduces the wattage so you can really drive the tubes but have a small 'recordable' full-sounding tone. 

What year is the 335? Also, your Maton, gorgeous guitars. I almost bought one instead of my Taylor, but maybe next time. How do you find Logic?

I’m not sure what year the 335 is. I bought it second hand and I haven’t looked up the serial number, but I think it’s late 90s.

I really like Logic, but I don’t have much experience with other DAWs. I have used Cakewalk before, and I prefer Logic. It has an extensive range of soft instruments, and the interface is pretty intuitive. But I’ve only scratched the surface of what it can do.

I do miss the Princeton, but the 1 watters suit my circumstances better since I don’t play in a band and have a couple of young kids. They have a low power mode too which is a full 0.02 watts! About television listening levels.

So your a bit of a Brian May fan?

How can I not be? Brian May is one of my 'idols'. Incredibly talented but also just a genius