Musos? What do you play? Let's see 'em!

No doubting that. Would love to crank out a bit of Brighton Rock on a Red Special. Where are the AC30s hidden?

haha, one day......one day.....

Sonor drum kit:

july2010-1.jpg

july2010-3.jpg

Fender Jaguar Bass:

jag811a.jpg

Ampeg Portaflex & 4 x 10 cabinet

pf-stack.jpg

Roland RS-70 synth

IMAG0423_zps72861bb4.jpg

Ibanez Artist model Electric:

ibanez.jpg

Mixing station (monitors not shown; purchased since photo was taken):

IMAG0425_zpsc36d5224.jpg

I recently found out my brother salvaged a Gibraltar drum rack from our defunct music store; I have yet to try it out but I think it'll make my drum setup work better and be more portable, which is a good thing as I've just joined a pretty heavy duty rock cover band.

Here is an instrumental cover of Gary Numan's "Cars" done with everything you see here, plus some VSTs (for the Polymoog). Oh, and the tambourine.

https://soundcloud.com/matthewrose-1/cars

Nothing but the cheapest and nastiest for Disinterested Handjob...

31ZBsWqsmKL._SY300_.jpg

and

31VMjBpoINL._SY300_.jpg

Tuned down to A generally. More or less. Who needs things tuned properly?

Hear how it turns out at http://disinterestedhandjob.bandcamp.com

I’m not a musicians ■■■■■■■■, but I really admire what you guys do.

Some beautiful equipment in this thread.

I’ve been wanting to learn the drums for years.

Acoustic drums aren’t practical in my circumstances, so I splurged on these earlier this year.
image_zps8e97c850.jpg
image_zpsd2afddd1.jpg
image_zps0c012c8f.jpg

I’m an online karaoke tragic.

This is what I record with (AKG Condenser Mic).
image_zps1cf8a305.jpg

Also, trying to get my son off the Playstation, and onto a musical instrument.

Got him a Djembe drum.

Really nice instrument, and reasonably affordable.
image_zps9b3880c6.jpg

1957 Gretsch Silverjet

1963 Gretsch Tennessean

1968 Jennings AC40 (Tom Jennings was the Vox designer who took his IP & formed his own company). 

These are random photos from the Google-verse, but are same as mine... 

9672472150_55d94ae56e_o.jpg

9672472148_f0d915a952_o.jpg

I'm not a musicians ■■■■■■■■, but I really admire what you guys do.

I'm reasonably certain I am some kind of musician's ■■■■■■■■...

Sonor drum kit:

july2010-1.jpg

july2010-3.jpg

Fender Jaguar Bass:

jag811a.jpg

Ampeg Portaflex & 4 x 10 cabinet

pf-stack.jpg

Roland RS-70 synth

IMAG0423_zps72861bb4.jpg

Ibanez Artist model Electric:

ibanez.jpg

Mixing station (monitors not shown; purchased since photo was taken):

IMAG0425_zpsc36d5224.jpg

I recently found out my brother salvaged a Gibraltar drum rack from our defunct music store; I have yet to try it out but I think it'll make my drum setup work better and be more portable, which is a good thing as I've just joined a pretty heavy duty rock cover band.

Here is an instrumental cover of Gary Numan's "Cars" done with everything you see here, plus some VSTs (for the Polymoog). Oh, and the tambourine.

https://soundcloud.com/matthewrose-1/cars

Great setup! That Sonor Kit with the Zildjians must be a joy to play! 

I'm not a musicians ■■■■■■■■, but I really admire what you guys do.
Some beautiful equipment in this thread.
I've been wanting to learn the drums for years.
Acoustic drums aren't practical in my circumstances, so I splurged on these earlier this year.
image_zps8e97c850.jpg
image_zpsd2afddd1.jpg
image_zps0c012c8f.jpg
I'm an online karaoke tragic.
This is what I record with (AKG Condenser Mic).
image_zps1cf8a305.jpg
Also, trying to get my son off the Playstation, and onto a musical instrument.
Got him a Djembe drum.
Really nice instrument, and reasonably affordable.
image_zps9b3880c6.jpg

AKG 220 eh? I use one in my studio. Great for Acoustic guitars. Thos Alesis kits are really nice too and can make excellent midi triggers in a DAW

1957 Gretsch Silverjet

1963 Gretsch Tennessean

1968 Jennings AC40 (Tom Jennings was the Vox designer who took his IP & formed his own company). 

How did you come across your gear? Purchased or in the family? NICE!

Spartan - It IS a joy to play, especially since I added the two extra toms. I need to buy some new heads though; they're getting a bit dull.

Those are Force 3007s; I purchased them new from Drum Power in Bayswater and were my main gigging set for a couple of years. It was just the two bigger rack toms and the bigger floor. I had it shipped over when I came back to the States. I custom ordered the 8" and 14" through my favourite drum shop over here and got a nice dealer discount (since I worked in a music store at the time).

I'd really had my eye on a set of DWs, but they were just so much more money. I had plenty of money to spend, but even used DWs were way out of my budget. Anyway, I went in there really not knowing what I was going to get, but the Sonors were the lowest-priced maple shells available, and I really liked the hardware. I played around with the kick drum - huge thump - and was absolutely sold. Plus I just absolutely love the finish. They look even better under stage lights.

The Zildjians I have accrued over the years... a couple salvaged from older drumsets I no longer have and the others picked up along the way.

I might pick up one of those Alesis electric kits one day to have in my mixing room, but every time I get the money to buy one, I end up spending it on more practical things.

1957 Gretsch Silverjet

1963 Gretsch Tennessean

How did you come across your gear? Purchased or in the family? NICE!

I've had a lot of great gear (14 guitars at one time), much of which I regret selling.  This is what is left. 

The Tennessean was bought in Sheffield UK in 1984 when I lived over there for a while.

The Silver Jet I bought in LA on the way back from the 1990 Texas guitar show in Houston (I brought back a bunch of guitars).

The Jennings I bought off a neighbour in New Zealand in the late 80s before moving to Melbourne.

Paiste 2002 series - can't live without them. 

That silver jet is a thing of beauty! 

Sabian Paragons are my cymbal of choice though!

Yep, the Silver jet is special.  I played one of the 1990s re-issues the other day just for reference - it was very underwhelming despite being $2,700 2nd hand.

I feel like picking up a Fender.  Maybe a Telecaster.  Just started shopping around...

Yep, the Silver jet is special.  I played one of the 1990s re-issues the other day just for reference - it was very underwhelming despite being $2,700 2nd hand.

I feel like picking up a Fender.  Maybe a Telecaster.  Just started shopping around...

I have a 2011 American Deluxe Strat - Beautiful neck but has the n3 noiseless pickups in them. Nice enough, But I think I want to change them over. In any case, Strats are amazing. I've never been a Tele fan - sound great but I can't help but think they look ugly as sin.

I wouldn't mind a Strat for the sound, but can't get excited by them. 

I'd have a Tele to kick around the house & play whenever.

The Gretsches are great, but they tend to hide inside their cases away from curious kids.

haha, yeah my daughter went straight for my private stock and I almost had a coronary!

The Jennings AC40 in the photo is owned by Andy Scott from The Sweet (UK 70's band)- said amp was used to record a track called The Ballroom Blitz. He has a house full of amazing gear- best is his Gibson ES335. 

The Jennings AC40 in the photo is owned by Andy Scott from The Sweet (UK 70's band)- said amp was used to record a track called The Ballroom Blitz. He has a house full of amazing gear- best is his Gibson ES335. 

Interesting. You know this guy?

I remember watching The Sweet on Top of the Pops in UK as a kid.  I'll have to check out some You Tube to try & spot the amp. 

My Jennings is off for repair (the trem / vib effect has gone bung).  They are rare as.  I'd love to know the history behind my copy.

It sounds Voxy as you would expect, but the tone control is quite different - you can boost the tone to get a bell-like Fender sound, or cut the tone to get a boxier Humbucker sound.  Quite useful.