NAB Cup team make-up

Interested to learn from some of the more knowledgeable blitz’s, what the make up of our pre-season comp team will be, and what positions they will play.

Play ALLLLLL the kids

Quoted Post

Don't consider myself a 'knowledgeable blitzer' but will definitely have a crack. I hope we go with a younger side first up to see their style of play and whether they can execute the plan of Hird.

We all know how good the likes of Jobe, BJ, Hooker, etc etc can be, so wouldn’t mind seeing a team like this:

B: Ashby Steinberg Aylett
HB: Edwards Gwilt Dalgleish
C: Gleeson Cooney Kavanagh
HF: Laverde Giles Jerrett
FF: Fantasia Daniher Ambrose
RR: Bellchambers O’Brien Melksham
I: McKernan Langford Long McKenna Zerrett Colyer

I purposely have left out Browne, Pears and Hams as I don’t think they’ll be ready by then. Hopefully by the last game of the NAB Cup they’ll be available.

The more senior players will be eased back in for games 2/3 for the younger ones that need the rest.

I like the general vibe, but the backline is very short.
Gregory?
I’d also be inclined to throw Myers in and let him take control of the midfield group.

Don’t consider myself a ‘knowledgeable blitzer’ but will definitely have a crack. I hope we go with a younger side first up to see their style of play and whether they can execute the plan of Hird.

We all know how good the likes of Jobe, BJ, Hooker, etc etc can be, so wouldn’t mind seeing a team like this:

I purposely have left out Browne, Pears and Hams as I don’t think they’ll be ready by then. Hopefully by the last game of the NAB Cup they’ll be available.

The more senior players will be eased back in for games 2/3 for the younger ones that need the rest.

Good team, lets hope we don’t have to use it.

Yep, good spread of the younger players and some experience. I hope they trial the early games with them.

Who fkn knows. Just hope to see a few new kids, and no injuries. Couldn’t care less about the results, they mean nothing

Quoted Post

Who fkn knows. Just hope to see a few new kids, and no injuries. Couldn't care less about the results, they mean nothing

Agree. As long as we dont get any injuries and the players shake off the rust i am happy

I’d just like it on record I’m against any of our teams wearing make-up, NAB cup or not. This isn’t the 80s.

A reply to: @Bombers08 regarding QuoteLink

Don't consider myself a 'knowledgeable blitzer' but will definitely have a crack. I hope we go with a younger side first up to see their style of play and whether they can execute the plan of Hird.

I think there should ALWAYS be our younger stars in any game. Hepps, Hurls, Daniher, Carlisle if available. Wish we had a young ruckman to blood.

A reply to: @Enki regarding QuoteLink

I'd just like it on record I'm against any of our teams wearing make-up, NAB cup or not. This isn't the 80s.

Who, when, where ? did I miss something?

edit. OK, just re read the thread title (think I’ve had one too many).

I'd just like it on record I'm against any of our teams wearing make-up, NAB cup or not. This isn't the 80s.
Can they shave their legs Enki?

I really wish they’d free up the NAB Challenge rules and just let teams bring whatever size squad they want to the game, especially now that it’s not even a competition, it’s just preseason games. If a club wants to field two completely different teams in the first and second half, who cares?

Players are being managed, rookies are being given a chance they might not otherwise get, clubs aren’t even pretending they’re taking it seriously, so as long as there’s 18 guys on the field why bother with rules about the interchange bench.

A reply to: @chris_64 regarding QuoteLink

I'll have to defer to @Barnz for any leg shaving judgements.

oh now, i have not and will not shave my legs.

Definately looking forward to langford and laverde having a hit out. I hope one of them can jump up and have a immediate impact like zach did last year

I wear Napoleon make up all year round.

A reply to: @Barnz regarding QuoteLink

Oh I know, that’s the really reason you like McKenna so much isn’t it! Admit it, you luuurve his hairy legs don’t you.

Quoted Post

You would have to say, these days .... 'possibly'. But AFL fashion has various warts when it comes to defining 'make up' whatever it is...

[Dane Swan’s pampered leg].

I would take some of the 80’s stunts over this rubbish any day for sheer diversity.

Anyone remember this one??

A reply to: @Barnz regarding QuoteLink

Oh I know, that’s the really reason you like McKenna so much isn’t it! Admit it, you luuurve his hairy legs don’t you.

No comment.