Name The Song - Quiz in OP - Quiz 35 - Get on the Beers

He’s got the artist, who will get the song!

Results

Quiz 2 - Songs that made the ARIA charts 1987.
Number Lyric Artist Title Answered By
1 Yo no soy marinero, Yo no soy marinero, soy capitán, Soy capitán, soy capitán Los Lobos La Bamba frosty
2 I never really cared until I met you, And now it chills me to the bone Heart Alone Hot Ganipganaps
3 In this city full of danger, we lead our separate lives, And I was frightened by a stranger, with desperation in her eyes John Farnham Pressure Down somo84
4 Bonedigger, Bonedigger, Dogs in the moonlight, Far away in my well-lit door Paul Simon You Can Call Me Al somo84
5 And this time I know it’s for real, The feelings that I feel, I know if I put my mind to it George Harrison I Got My Mind Set On You Yossarian
6 If a boy had a chance, A chance with someone like you Icehouse Electric Blue somo84
7 Gotta make a move to a town that’s right for me Pseudo Echo Funky Town Yossarian
8 I can feel a new expression on my face, I can feel a glowing sensation taking place Paul Carrack When You Walk In The Room somo84
9 Now the stage is set, Where’s my Juliet, baby? Is it maybe My Midsummer Night’s Dream? Hoodoo Gurus What’s My Scene GeoffBlethynsGlasses
10 Won’t go to hear them play a tango, I’d rather hear some blues or funky old soul Bob Seger Old Time Rock and Roll swoodley
11 All the school kids so sick of books, They like the punk and the metal band The Bangles Walk Like an Egyptian somo84
12 For whom you’d fight for, die for, pray to God you’d lie for? She’s so fine, she’s so fine, she’s really sweet the finest girl You ever want to meet Jackie Wilson Reet Petite frosty
13 Some boys got the look of a Greek Adonis, Some boys try to talk you off your feet Tina Turner What You See Is What You Get Koala
14 I’ve never seen so many people want to be there by your side, And when you turned to me and smiled, it took my breath away… Chris de Burgh The Lady In Red GeoffBlethynsGlasses
15 Four wheels scare the cockatoos, From Kintore, east to Yuendemu, The Western Desert lives and breathes, In forty-five degrees Midnight Oil Beds are Burning CaptainJack

New Quiz in the OP.

Quiz 3 - Songs that made the ARIA charts 2007.

3 Mika - Grace Kelly
9 Scissor Sisters - I Don’t Feel Like Dancing
12 Operator Please - Song About Ping Pong

I know a few more but sticking to the 3-at-a-time etiquette

1 Like

8 This ain’t a scene - Fall Out Boy

(I only know this because it was the song for the intro of an AFL game on PS2)

1 Like
  1. big girls don’t cry - Fergie
    6 - Sexy back - JT
    13 - Its Pink but I can’t remember the title something like I’m alone
    14 - Put your hand up for detroit - Ferde Le Grand
1 Like

If you use 1- instead of 1. it won’t automatically update the numbering.

1 Like

2 Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend

1 Like

Should find another way to do that.

Just confused the absolute fk out of me for 20 posts. lol.

Just post the new one in the thread as before or start a new one maybe?

3 Likes

It’s easy to say that but feel some sympathy for the dude who has to update it.

10 Lips of an Angel - Hinder.

1 Like

Not sure what you mean?

Last time this ran the quiz went til it was done, or got finished by the poster when time had run on w/out songs answered, … then they posted a New one just in the Thread.

Was perfectly simple, and non confusing.

As easy as it is to re jig & re post into the formatted OP, … it’s just as easy to copy paste that into a new post and cancel the OP edit??

Only I ran the last quiz exactly like this :stuck_out_tongue:

25 in a row just like this!

Also 6 to be answered for this quiz. Next quiz preview, 1977!

Updating the OP so people have to go there, and then back to the thread end everytime? Why? :no_mouth:

I musn’t have partaken in your ones then.

I’m talking about the first ones I s’pose. IDR who began those now, … :thinking:

Problem with the new quiz in the middle is you have to find it.

Now I have to find it every single time and it will change from quiz to quiz.

If you scroll or jump to the top, to answer you only need to click reply to that post and voila!

1 Like

Bring it on. Cannardly wait.

You could update the thread title with the Post # of the most current quiz happening. Anyone who comes in can go straight to the post and continue scrolling from there to see which ones have been answered already. Would that work?

It’s easy for the user, but think about me who has to jump between checking what’s been answered and updating the posts.

I have to do it 10 - 15 times per quiz.

You need to jump to first post once after reading thread.

1 Like

RESULTS FOR QUIZ #3.

Number Lyric Artist Title Answered By
1 I hope you know, I hope you know, that this has nothing to do with you Fergie Big Girls Don’t Cry JBOMBER
2 Don’t pretend, I think you know I’m damn precious, And hell yeah, I’m the m** f**in princess Avril Lavigne Girlfriend mrjez
3 Do I attract you? Do I repulse you with my queasy smile? MIKA Grace Kelly simmo41
4 Maybe I, oh get me on fire, Could take your picture, oh you could get one too Sneaky Sound System Pictures Soulnet
5 I feel you creepin’, I can see you from my shadow Wanna jump up in my Lamborghini Gallardo Akon Feat Eminem Smack That Soulnet
6 I’ll let you whip me if I misbehave, It’s just that no one makes me feel this way Justin Timberlake Feat Timbaland Sexy Back JBOMBER
7 I would call you up everyday Saturday night, And we’d both stay out until the morning light James Blunt 1973 Soulnet
8 I’m a leading man and the lies I weave are oh so intricate, Oh so intricate yeah Fall Out Boy This Ain’t A Scene It’s An Arms Race Chris_1993
9 So I play along when I hear that favourite song, I’m gonna be the one who gets it right Scissor Sisters I Don’t Feel Like Dancing simmo41
10 It’s really good to hear your voice saying my name, It sounds so sweet Hinder Lips of an Angel Chris_1993
11 And you play you’re coy, but it’s kinda cute, Oh, when you smile at me you know exactly what you do Michael Buble Everything Soulnet
12 With that dirty dirty dirty dirty look on your face, I bet you know beef jerky has an after taste GO! Opeartor Please Just a song about ping pong simmo41
13 I don’t wanna wake up with another, But I don’t wanna always wake up with you either P!nk Leave Me Alone
14 Put your hands up, Put your hands up, Put your hands up, Put your hands up Fedde Le Grande Put your hands up for Detroit JBOMBER
15 Sometimes, I’m feeling so alone, Trying to fit in where I don’t belong. The Veronicas Hook Me Up Soulnet

Quiz 4 in OP.

I’ll post the new quiz here too but i’m not updating who answered what here, only in the first post.

Quiz 4 - Songs that made the ARIA charts 1977.
Number Lyric
1 Everybody’s talking 'bout a new way of walking, Do you want to lose your mind?
2 “Sell me, sell you” the porpoise said, Dive down deep to save my head, You, I think you got the blues too
3 Hey girls, gather round, Listen to what I’m putting down
4 Trying hard now, It’s so hard now, Trying hard now
5 Standing by the jukebox, Thinking bout the boys again
6 Walking through an empty house, Tears in my eyes
7 Don’t you know, don’t you know, That it’s wrong to take what is given you
8 I did my best by perfect guest knew when to go, Perfect, you knew when to stay
9 When tomorrow comes and we both regret, The things we said today
10 In old Chicago town, She was the meanest cat, She really mowed them down
11 They say I’m going crazy, They say I got a lot of water in my brain
12 If I stay here, won’t you listen to my heart, whoa, heart? My heart, whoa, heart
13 You know we made a vow not to leave one another never
14 Now I’m not the kind of person, With a passionate persuasion for dancin’
15 We share a bed, some lovin’, and TV, yeah.

1 - Dr Hook - Walk right in sit right down
6 - Abba - Knowing Me knowing you
11 - Queen - Somebody to Love