Nathan Brown

If that was one of our players who did that yesterday I would bet a large portion of our crowd would be cheering. You are probably one who was upset when Lloyd ko’d Sewell with that beautiful hit while heaps of the crowd were cheering. Plenty of similar hits in the SANFL and WAFL every season

How can you even compare the two? That’s just stupid. The Loyd hit was part of the play at the ball, this was a cheap snipe long after the ball was gone to a player who wasn’t even watching or going after the play.

Lol, Lloyd’s was a deliberate attempt to stretcher a bloke who didn’t see it coming but it was acceptable at the time. He would get 6 for that now. I know which incident was worse

It was still part of the play and is not comparable to taking a guy out 10 meters off the ball with his back basically turned.

And I never cheered him on, he got what he deserved for it at the time.

Come on IT, i agree with you, times have changed and deliberately taking blokes out isn’t part of the game.

But Llyods hit was ten times worse than Browns.

He was trying to compare the two and I am saying they are nothing alike.

BTW Aceman WANTS our players to do that, I am saying I do not.

Yeah I agree with you on that. Well past the time where deliberately hurting players and taking them out of the game is acceptable. Its not the UFC

1 Like

As I said I know which one was worse and most neutrals would agree. If Browns gets 4-6 then Lloyd’s was worth atleast that if not more

Lloyd himself says he went into the contest to be physical.
I personally don’t believe him.
I have no idea why he would…take that position, but I can think of a few reasons why he might.
His palms are open and down to pick up the ball.
And he hits him with the wrong shoulder.
That’s not how you line someone up.
I guess it’s comparable to the Hodge-Heppell hit.

Anyway, if you want to compare this to anything then look at snipes off the ball.

2 Likes

Way to deflect from the fact you want our players to hit players like Brown did and hurt them.

comparing penalties from bumps 10 years apart?

incredible.

1 Like

To be fair gaff was being compared to both hall (10 years) and Matthews (30 years)

As if anyone didn’t think that Lloyd deserved a decent suspension anyway

2 Likes

Few bigger insults than being referred to as a ‘modern day Prestigiacomo’.

I like it

Six weeks, I reckon.
Maybe five.

Intentional.
Out of play.
Maybe high, maybe not.
Either way it left him concussed.

What did the concussing might be relevant if it was in play, but it wasn’t so it’s not.

Has to be at the high end of suspensions.

Not trying to deflect at all. More than happy if our blokes do it

“As if anyone didn’t think that Lloyd deserved a decent suspension anyway”

FWIW I thought the Lloyd hit was fair game at the time and was annoyed that Steven Quarterbrain Couldn’t stop banging on about what a cheap shot it was. Obviously the game has changed a lot over the years.

And miss a month of games

Yeah, I reckon it suits Lloyd that the story was he was trying to fly the flag. In reality, he arrived late to the contest and almost had his hands on the pill.

2 Likes

I agree.
Skill level and athleticism is a lot higher at AFL level than a bunch of hot dog eating meat heads looking for a fight at the local footy.