Nathan Fyfe, what he would bring to Essendon

Fyfe was a big fish 3 years ago. Now he’s a blue whale.

There is no way we can sign him with the contracts (rightfully) given to Hooker and Hurls.

This is like a conversation about what it would be like to win Tattslotto.
It’s fun to dream, but won’t happen.

blitz, youre dreaming

Fyfe was a big fish 3 years ago. Now he's a blue whale.

There is no way we can sign him with the contracts (rightfully) given to Hooker and Hurls.

20 year, 15mil contract

Big fish from out west?

I’m starting to think this is as close as we’ll get to that …

its the fish that blitz rejects that are the best
You clowns do realise he's a free agent next year?

Or do you just like the idea of giving away the no.1 pick?

The fact it’s coming up now indicates he’ll get an extension or trade this year. Doubt Freo will let him get into next year unsigned.

A premiership

melbourne Hibberd, Lobb,
Essendon Fyfe Smith
Fremantle Hogan
Gws pick 1

Watched footy since the days of Windy Hill and bought "peanuts" off the peanut man.... Fyfe is something real special, he only comes along every so often...

He was a classic - the peanuts bloke at Windy Hill…!!

melbourne Hibberd, Lobb, Essendon Fyfe Smith Fremantle Hogan Gws pick 1
Too complicated. 4 team trades rarely work and I doubt Melbourne would like that anyway.

Myabe something like:

GWS - Pick 1
Fremantle - Lobb and pick 19 (or Essendons 1st rounder next year if they want more)
Essendon - Fyfe

We could probably get some GWS steak knives (which aren’t going to be as good as Smith) but do we really want more of their discards?

But I still don’t think Fyfe is a realistic chance to move anyway.

A premiership
Sneaking into the Eagles headquarters before he comes? Because Freo don't have one he can bring.
And so was Hird, look what he became..

Look at gumbleton myers

Gumbleton Myers sounds like an olden days aristocrat.

Ross Lyon, I’d like to ask you two questions. One, where is the Fyfe? And two, gimme the Fyfe.

There’s a view he’s attainable this year given he’s a FA next year. That being the case, orchestrating a trade this year maximises Freo’s return via trade. If he leaves next year, they’d get a single first round pick directly after their first pick. Given that they require picks to try get the required currency to trade in McCarthy & Brad Hill who are both contracted at their clubs next season, it makes sense for them to trade him if they think he’s some risk to leave next season. Whispers are that there’s some dissension in the ranks with the dramatic drop off from Freo this year, players nearing retirement and a rebuild ahead. The fact he was overlooked for the captaincy supposedly p1ssed him off too.

You’d think that teams with multiple first round picks would be best placed to offer a suitable deal. GC & GWS already have multiple first rounders but GC with the likely departures of Prestia & O’Meara could conceivably have 4-5 first rounders!

I’d love him at EFC but I don’t see us being in the race TBH.

Well he’s sure as hell not getting the captaincy at EFC. There’s three bleedingly obvious picks to get behind.

We’re not “rent a captain” Carlton.

Well he's sure as hell not getting the captaincy at EFC. There's three bleedingly obvious picks to get behind.

We’re not “rent a captain” Carlton.

If he went to the blues he could walk straight in to the captaincy like judd.
Afl would need to give them a priority pick tho so they could get the deal done

I hope he goes to Carlton and it’s just a recycle of the Judd years all over again.

Weitering for Fyfe + Freo first rounder

Weitering for Fyfe + Freo first rounder
Weitering worth fyfe and a first rounder lol on drugs

You’re right. Freo should throw in next years first rounder also.