Nathan Fyfe, what he would bring to Essendon

Ross Lyon, I’d like to ask you two questions. One, where is the Fyfe? And two, gimme the Fyfe.

I already made that joke!!

Why wouldn't he want to play for us?

We are back baby.

Players re-signing in droves. Amazing group of young talent and experienced class. Whole club galvanized and driven for redemption. Premiership coach. Best facility in land. Big games - Anzac Day etc.

The rebirth of Essendon is on it’s way also reckon it’s time to change the logo as the current one is outdated.

Ross Lyon, I’d like to ask you two questions. One, where is the Fyfe? And two, gimme the Fyfe.

But no pictures.

So was

And so was Hird, look what he became…

So was Cooney

Big fish from out west?

I’m starting to think this is as close as we’ll get to that …

That we're more likely to recruit Jon Ralph than Fyfe?

I agree.

He would bring smiles to all of us.
Big s h i t eating smiles!

With Hibbo now leaving I think we are in the box seat trade wise for Freo and as such they would be looking to push him our way if they decided to have a crack.

Pick 1 gives them the supporter base emotional compo they need, whilst allowing them to trade etc the pick 3 to get what they need for a rebuild. Knowing Lyon that will be established players over kids.

All we need to look at now is cap space. If we can give him the $ we could get this done.

With our side, the players coming back, the players we have drafted this would make us have a monster midfield!

If it was just talent, yes, but there are significant risks involved.
The early shoulder probs have cleared up but the leg is a major concern, 2 recent fractures to the left fibula, the second one involving the plate they inserted after the first. We would have to be absolutely sure after independent assessment that there isn’t a weakness there. Can we be?
“The issue once you put a plate into the fibula bone is it is a small diameter bone and the plate needs to be located with screws,’’ he said.
“It is always a risk where the screw has gone in that a fracture can occur around the screw site or there are areas of stress at the top or bottom of the plate.
“Fremantle would have looked very closely at whether there was damage to the bone around the plate.
“If that is the case you need a longer plate to fix the fracture that might have occurred.
A recurrent fracture around the fracture of the site of a previous fracture can be problematic.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/footy-form/nat-fyfe-will-have-surgery-after-confirming-hed-fractured-his-leg-against-carlton/news-story/325526b4f77560c5cbeb3125d176e8bd

If we got it wrong we’d blow once in generation draft picks and our salary cap would be stuffed for years because he’ll command a multiple year deal on huge money.
My gut feeling is no.

Are there enough jackets in the bomber shop if we get Fyfe and Patton?

If it was just talent, yes, but there are significant risks involved. The early shoulder probs have cleared up but the leg is a major concern, 2 recent fractures to the left fibula, the second one involving the plate they inserted after the first. We would have to be absolutely sure after independent assessment that there isn't a weakness there. Can we be? “The issue once you put a plate into the fibula bone is it is a small diameter bone and the plate needs to be located with screws,’’ he said. “It is always a risk where the screw has gone in that a fracture can occur around the screw site or there are areas of stress at the top or bottom of the plate. “Fremantle would have looked very closely at whether there was damage to the bone around the plate. “If that is the case you need a longer plate to fix the fracture that might have occurred. “A recurrent fracture around the fracture of the site of a previous fracture can be problematic. http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/footy-form/nat-fyfe-will-have-surgery-after-confirming-hed-fractured-his-leg-against-carlton/news-story/325526b4f77560c5cbeb3125d176e8bd

If we got it wrong we’d blow once in generation draft picks and our salary cap would be stuffed for years because he’ll command a multiple year deal on huge money.
My gut feeling is no.

I’m sure our medical staff would be able to make that assessment.

Are there enough jackets in the bomber shop if we get Fyfe and Patton?

Are their enough jackets in the country?

You can’t, like, own a joke, man!

he would bring to Essendon…class…

#fyfeforlyfe

He would bring groupies

there is the risk of him coming to us and us giving up pick 1 and then him leaving in 3 yrs back to freo

Jeez, can’t youse all wait until next Monday to start the off-season shtposting?

Dude dragged a team with skinny levels of talent deep into the finals. Frightening

Staying at Freo.

shut the thread