Nathan Lovett-Murray tweets 'payback' picture after footy match death

He believes someone killed his very close family member.

I’m not going to pretend that I know how I would act when faced with that.

But you guys go hard.

NO! Shame on YOU for not having an opinion about this and sharing it on the internet.*

*I agree with you.

Turn it up CJ. Ray Charles could see he clearly ment vengeance. I love how he tries to say "payback" was taken out of context, then followed up after that by saying 10k reward for info on the bloke

Yeah nathan, im sure you meant “payback” in relation to payback records or a catch up for a cuppa. Lol

CJ is right. ‘Payback’ can have a different meaning in indigenous cultures. It can refer to community sanctioned punishment for crimes under traditional law. This is from the Committee of Inquiry into Aboriginal customary law:

The term “payback” is often used in general discussion either to describe all punishments for offences under traditional law, or to imply that spearing is the appropriate punishment for offences under traditional law. This is not strictly accurate. Spearing is not a general penalty.

For the offence of murder, the appropriate penalty under traditional law almost always includes spearing in the thigh. However there may exist mitigating circumstances whereby spearing is not imposed. The spearing protocol is agreed to by the families of the offender and victim, or failing agreement, by the community at large, and often negotiated by a relevant lawman. The process is carried out in public, by authorised persons, pursuant to the agreed protocol, and overseen by agreed adjudicators, whose function it is to moderate the process, to make sure the protocol is observed, and intervene if necessary. This process, of course, leads to wounds that may result in permanent physical injury. It should not lead to death, because it is not a death penalty under traditional law. If a person dies because of payback, those who carried out payback are guilty of murder or manslaughter under traditional law, and they must, accordingly, undergo payback as a penalty for their wrongdoing. Under traditional law, payback settles the matter.

Shouldn't tweet after 2am.

So you only tweet within a 2 hour window each day?

Plus, let’s put this into perspective for a moment, bushy practically raised Natrat, his idol, Natrat is Natrat because of how much he idolised bushrat, now he gets killed by a punch, and initially the dude bolts. Nathan was grief stricken and angry, and it was 4am. Give him a break. Ivory tower ****

Hope it all works out Nat Rat. Love what you did and what you continue to do for Essendon, and the community.
Thoughts are with you in this tough time.

Typical media, Hide the bit where it puts ‘payback’ into more context at the bottom of the article.

RLM is a good bloke and this has been taken outs of context. Unless a person has an understanding of both laws
then its best not to comment, other than to convey your condolences.

Payback on McDevitt would be appropriate.