NBA 2015/16 thread. The season before Simmons, Summer League starts in a week

KD = Biggest dog in the NBA.

That’s a big thing considering he now plays with the former owner of that title (Draymond).

Lots of "talk" that Wade met with Lebron and the Cav's GM today. Makes so little sense. Better trying to sort out Love or replace him.

Makes perfect sense, Smith and Shumpert are hit and miss. Wade is better and more consistent than that pair combined both offensively and defensively. His combo with LBJ would be huge.

Although I reckon Lebron might look at GSW and think “Here’s a freaking challenge”.

started following miami last year because i saw wade play on tele. please no.

also his name is spelt dwyane.

Simmons looked legit

Love his passing, for a 6’10" guy he has a great handle and vision. That’s why I don’t get the knocks on him during his year at LSU in being too much of a facilitator rather than being the go-to guy who basically takes all the shots. Can understand that his J may not be the greatest, but he knocked a few of those down too. From the Cs Jalen Brown didn’t look too shabby, very good on defence.

Pathetic from Durant.
Hated Miami’s cream team but this Warriors team will take the cake.

Wow...so much vitriol for Durant and I don't get it.

He’s a professional athlete who will never be short of a dollar and so the big thing missing is a ring.

Who are you lot to criticise him for thinking that he is increasing the chances of getting the ring by going to the Warriors?

Haven’t any of you changed jobs for a better set of circumstances (even if your current circumstances were quite good)?

Good luck to him I say.

Spot on.
Great move by him, winning is all that matters. He is taking a pay cut to hopefully win a championship that he has been chasing his whole career. Id play for $500k a year with a legitimate championship side rather than $50m a year with a scrubber side

Except he signed a 2 year deal worth about 50mill… hardly a pay cut considering he can opt out of the 2nd year and still net over 25mill the first year and move on elsewhere.

Wow…so much vitriol for Durant and I don’t get it.

He’s a professional athlete who will never be short of a dollar and so the big thing missing is a ring.

Who are you lot to criticise him for thinking that he is increasing the chances of getting the ring by going to the Warriors?

Haven’t any of you changed jobs for a better set of circumstances (even if your current circumstances were quite good)?

Good luck to him I say.

Good luck to him I say.

Kevin Durant :heavy_check_mark:@KDTrey5
Now everybody wanna play for the heat and the Lakers? Let’s go back to being competitive and going at these peoples!
12:09 AM - 17 Jul 2010

Westbrook said he's not extending his contract. Boston got the pieces to come into play here, so watch this space.

He wants to head to a big market like LA or NYK.

LA will struggle this year so they can use a top3 pick and Russell plus fillers to get him.

Boston not a big market?

Good luck to him I say.

Now everybody wanna play for the heat and the Lakers? Let’s go back to being competitive and going at these peoples!

Wow…a quote from six years ago…do you still stand by everything you said six years ago?

Good luck to him I say.

Wow…a quote from six years ago…do you still stand by everything you said six years ago?

yes

Westbrook said he's not extending his contract. Boston got the pieces to come into play here, so watch this space.

LA will struggle this year so they can use a top3 pick and Russell plus fillers to get him.

Boston not a big market?

He is a California native and wants to go back.

The reality is that the Lakers and Boston don’t have anywhere near the pull they think they do anymore.

Good luck to him I say.

Spot on.
Great move by him, winning is all that matters. He is taking a pay cut to hopefully win a championship that he has been chasing his whole career. Id play for $500k a year with a legitimate championship side rather than $50m a year with a scrubber side

Good luck to him I say.

Spot on.

No you wouldn’t.

If GSW approached you right now and said “we’ll pay you $500,000 come play with us” and Sacramento said “Here’s $50 Million” you wouldn’t take GSW offer in a million years.

Durant doesn’t have the ‘dog’ in him to get this over the line at the Thunder, so he bails. Same as Lebron did. It made LBJ a better and more confident player once he won the rings, so he went back to test himself at Cavs.

Right now, this move by KD wreaks of “I can’t be bothered working hard, so I’ll take the easy route”. He might try and go back when he’s won a couple.

In saying that, what was the quote from GSW the other day “If you stay with Thunder, you may win a ring or two and we might win a ring or two. But if you come here, we will both win a whole bunch of rings”. So pressure is on them to deliver, which proved to be too much for Miami in their first year.

Boston not a big market?

The reality is that the Lakers and Boston don’t have anywhere near the pull they think they do anymore.

Kevin Durant is a Washington native…

Boston not a big market?

Kevin Durant is a Washington native…

He’s talking about Russ.

I do understand people going nuts about KD. He’s the best player in the game.

No one went at LMA for joining a super team though.

Good luck to him I say.

Spot on.

No you wouldn’t.

If GSW approached you right now and said “we’ll pay you $500,000 come play with us” and Sacramento said “Here’s $50 Million” you wouldn’t take GSW offer in a million years.

Fair enough that was a pretty poor comparison but $500k compared to $5m a year and I wouldn’t bat an eyelid going to the contender
I’m a very bad loser and hate it more than anything else. Money isn’t the be all and end all, $500k a year with all the extra $ that come from sponsorship etc would set you up for life. I know the money is different but in my football playing days I left my local club where I was getting $700 a game to go to a local rival for $50 a game where we won 4 flags in 5 years and that was back in the mid 90’s when $700 a week was nearly the same ammount as my job paid me each week.

Boston not a big market?

No he is not, he is from DC