NBA 2016/17 - Still waiting on Ben Simmons

Luol Deng at 18mil is horrific too. And there’s another three more years of Mozgov and Deng to go.

Would have been handy if Jerry West hung around. He was capable of drawing key personnel pretty well.
I wouldn’t bother signing or trading for anyone significant. Just put together hard working players (sort of what Orlando did with Ben Wallace after the Shaq / Hardaway era), get a decent ‘old school’ coach and just start to put together pieces and keeping going to the draft.
The Lakers used to be able to get who they wanted by just throwing money their way. So we target for a player like Deandre Jordan or Cousins yet end up with Roy Hibberd (or Mozgov). It just doesn’t work that way anymore.

We have some nice pieces, but they are all outside shooters / slashers. Clarkson, D’Angelo and Ingram should be good. Randle and Nance are okay. Williams is okay (although playing very well with us).

Apparently Jerry was huge in turning around GSW’s organisation.

Luol Deng at 18mil is horrific too. And there's another three more years of Mozgov and Deng to go.

Would have been handy if Jerry West hung around. He was capable of drawing key personnel pretty well.
I wouldn’t bother signing or trading for anyone significant. Just put together hard working players (sort of what Orlando did with Ben Wallace after the Shaq / Hardaway era), get a decent ‘old school’ coach and just start to put together pieces and keeping going to the draft.
The Lakers used to be able to get who they wanted by just throwing money their way. So we target for a player like Deandre Jordan or Cousins yet end up with Roy Hibberd (or Mozgov). It just doesn’t work that way anymore.

We have some nice pieces, but they are all outside shooters / slashers. Clarkson, D’Angelo and Ingram should be good. Randle and Nance are okay. Williams is okay (although playing very well with us).

Black and Robinson have been awesome off the bench and they reek havoc on the glass.

They’d be better shipping off Mozgov to literally anyone (yeah, I know right!) and playing Robinson or Black as the starter.

Deng has gotten better but is still massively overpaid and 31 years old.

How they thought they’d be good additions I will never know.

I should literally be starting at centre for the Lakers over Mozgov and I’m 6"1 for crying out loud!

Lakers should trade for Nurkic, if that means Mozgov has to go then so be it.

Wouldn’t mind having a crack a vucevic from the magic. Dude can play and is still young. Somehow Bismack has taken all his minutes. If we can shift him for Mozgov that’d be great for us. Might need to throw in Lou to get the deal done though.

Yeah but Nurkic is in my Blitz Fantasy League side, (Mozgov was).

Wouldn't mind having a crack a vucevic from the magic. Dude can play and is still young. Somehow Bismack has taken all his minutes. If we can shift him for Mozgov that'd be great for us. Might need to throw in Lou to get the deal done though.

I wouldn’t be including Lou in any trades at all. Easily our most productive player along with Swaggy/Julius.

I’d be trading Mozgov for anything to get his salary off the books and then giving Robinson/Black the starting job.

@RockyIV you shut down your parody twitter account?

Blazers looking good with just CJ running point.

Korver traded to the Cavs.

No one is going to be able to stop them from b2b champs.

Yeh mate deleted it ages ago, couldn’t be bothered with the old twitter anymore.

Yeh we have looked good without Lillard, seems weird but a bit more fluent. Need a shake up though, still look so all over the show. Reckon the Crabbe contract is really going to cost us.

Yeh mate deleted it ages ago, couldn’t be bothered with the old twitter anymore.

Yeh we have looked good without Lillard, seems weird but a bit more fluent. Need a shake up though, still look so all over the show. Reckon the Crabbe contract is really going to cost us.

$18m per season is a lot of money to pay to a knock down shooter who isn’t Klay Thompson, just sayin’.

Exum sent down to D-league.
Then recalled.

Rose a “no show” for the NY game against the Pelis.
Knicks officials could not locate him.

Ben Simmons joins training for the first time. Participates in 5-0 drills, also now traveling with the team.

Lakers utterly useless again against a front running sooking Blazers team.

I’ve never seen a team just show a blatant lack of interest when it comes to defending the ball. They only care about shooting bricks and taking contested layups and missing wide open ones.

And of course as always, Mozgov can fark off.

Warriors flat out destroying Cleveland. Run them out of the gym this first half.

Suns kids beat Spurs in a very impressive final quarter.

First really good look at Bender too and gee he can hit a three!

I missed this game, how much of the win can be put down to the fact we had been in Mexico longer and had got used to the altitude

Is this the worst game Cavs have put together

I wouldnt put much stock in it. We blew them out last season as well :frowning:

Did Kevin Love get injured?