NBA 2018/19 Ben Simmons is ROTY. MEGA THREAD!

Finally a close game int he Conference Finals!! Rockets by 3 with 42 seconds left. Dubs have been uncharacteristically poor from the field in the 4th. Harden MIA in the 2nd half, Paul has been big down the stretch here…

rockets in 6

Good to see the Three Egos get beaten in their building.

Seriously, the refs blatantly extended the game. It was over.

NBA is so rigged.

1 Like

Couldn’t believe it. And Curry nearly hit that potential game-tying 3. Anyway props to the Rockets. After the first 5-6 mins of the game I thought they were done. I didn’t think they had it in them to fight back and make it respectable, let alone win. CP3 was huge with Harden not hitting his shots in the 2nd half. However all the hard work will be undone if they get beaten in Game 5. Must win and at least put the Warriors in a “win or go home” scenario in 6 and 7…

Me too, I was listening to it at work, got to 12-0 and turned it off. Forgot about it, took customer out for lunch, then thought i’d check the scores. Fair old turnaround.

Agree. No way they can win it if they do not win game 5 @ home.

If you thought it was rigged before, wait til the next couple of game fives. Everyone wants Cavs v Warriors 4. It’ll happen.

I don’t think anyone besides Warriors fans and LeBron Lovers want that

I think pretty much everyone was a different finals

1 Like

I’m sick of it. Just because the result would be a fait accompli. Cavs would be lucky to take a game off the Warriors. The best chance for a evenly matched Finals would be for Houston v either the Cavs or Celts. Cavs because of LBJ and Celts because they have the defense that would stifle the Rockets. I’m hoping that our 100% home record hold true, if so we will get through.

NBA would love promoting Cavs V Warriors version 4 more than Rockets verse Celtics. Ratings/cash bonanza getting those two in again.

“Oh! Oh! Oh!”

2 Likes

Oh yeh that was nasty!

1 Like

laughing at all the people who pine for the Jordan years, and then bemoan having the same teams in the finals all the time.

Bulls/Lakers/Celtics/Spurs been on Finals rotation forever.

3 Likes

For the most part, Jordan had different challengers.

2 Likes

It’s the lack of competitive balance in the NBA right now. This whole “superfriends” thing is garbage. You have a stacked Golden State team, it’s only challenger is Houston in the West, and really whichever opponent makes it out of the East will do well to not get the broom in the Finals if they play the Warriors. To be honest I was fine with it all until Durant took the easy way out and joined the Warriors. He stays at OKC with Russ they stay as a genuine contender in the West with the Rockets and Warriors. Adding a top 5 player to a team that went 73-9, albeit not winning the title, has taken away the competitive balance in the whole NBA. And if you want to argue the point about “The Lakers and Celtics played off against each other multiple times in the 80s”, yeah they did, but those series were always tightly contested. They were an even match-up. If we get Warriors v Cavs Part 4 it will be a beatdown of epic proportions.

The great thing about the other major US sports like the NFL and NHL is that season by season you don’t know who is going to win it.

1 Like

And if Houston win the West then everything is okay.

Got it!

1 Like

Or care!

2 Likes

Russell, McHale, BIrd, Johnson, Ainge
Vs
Kareem, Worthy, Cooper, Scott, Magic

Don’t get much more stacked than those teams

3 Likes

I think your Russell should be Parish, but yeah there has been super strong teams over the journey that keep on getting to finals.

If Warriors lose, that’s only 3 finals appearances. Not that unusual in the history of the league.