NBA 2018/19 Ben Simmons is ROTY. MEGA THREAD!

WHATEVER IT TAKES - good luck with that one Cleveland

and that’s some serious icing going on there

8 Likes

Every kid in primary school in 2018 believes they live in a world where LeBron being in the finals is like the sun coming up every day.

1 Like

not saying you’re bandwagoners, just the way people are throwing fits on social media is very funny and like the 76ers fans meltdown after they got done. 76ers fans are 99.99% bandwagoner though.

plus i know you a lot from the epl thread, you’re definitely not a bandwagoner.

1 Like

Probably the greatest individual effort in a playoff series ever

I believe he’s the goat. But even if you don’t think he is, he’s gotta be in the conversation.

2 Likes

He is a fkg alien

It’s travesty that he won’t win the MVP this year. Is it purely based on the regular season? Because these playoffs, definitely the past week, has only enhanced LeBron’s reputation and I think Harden’s reputation has taken a hit.

Purely the regular season. Like the Brownlow.

If they did those awards before the playoffs starts it would be better. Then have a Finals awards night.

1 Like

There’s nothing surer than he will win it imo, especially if the cavs win the lot. The nba love a fairytale

Oh he is 100% in the conversation, I think while time impacts the legacy of players in the past it also makes comparisons incredibly hard. As much as LeBron needs to be in the conversation guys like Larry Bird, Kareem, Julius Irving need to be as well.

Dr J’s legacy is hurt by the fact a chunk of his prime was in the ABA

Votes are already in

Still a bit flat after that…Started like a house on fire then couldn’t hit anything. Probs Cavs v Warriors again…zzzzzz

1 Like

I love this line

“LBJ can’t be goat until he joins forces with bugs bunny and saves the world from Aliens. MJ did…”

8 Likes

I’m not willing to say he’s the goat yet. I lived through the Jordan era. I’ve been watching old Jordan games lately and still lean towards him. But Lebron definitely deserves the discussion. I didn’t feel Kobe deserved it. I cannot see Duran or Curry deserving it.

What he’s done this year just to get this team into the playoffs is amazing in itself. To get them to another Finals series is farking amazing.

It’s amazing how what Lebron has achieved (making 8 straight finals) is used against him.
No one has done that since Bill Russell.

1 Like

LeBron is an animal. He played with nobody this series and has made the Finals again. The Bulls always had a solid team through to the Bench.

3 Likes

Would Jordan have dragged this Cavs team this far?

Did you know, LeBRON James has played with 20 all stars in his career

Jordan played with 10

Through this Eastern Conference?

Yes.

1 Like

20 this series? Did you see much of this series…he carried the team alone

Those 10 play for the Bulls through the same period?

Interested to know who?

What LeBRON has done with this roster is remarkable, and this coach. I really don’t rate Lue, but they have also been fairly lucky to miss the teams in the conference that would have been very tough matchups for them, the Sixers and Bucks

1 Like

I think LeBron is managing that team anyway haha. Picks the team