NBA 2018/19 Ben Simmons is ROTY. MEGA THREAD!

I was starting to worry they’d find a reason to keep him.

You reckon LeBron would get the best out of Aldridge? He’d be starved of opportunities, would turn into Kevin Love overnight

I’m sure Aldridge wouldn’t mind the championship ring.
Just ask Bosh (and Love).

He’d go it to get a ring, then once that itch has been scratched he’d probably look to leave so he can get his shots and make his stats look better. At Houston would it work? Harden, Paul and LBJ are all ball dominant players. We saw in OKC this year how having Westbrook, George and Melo didn’t really work well. According to Chris Broussard LeBron said he is open to playing off the ball and being more of a pure Small Forward rather than being the primary ball handler and the de facto PG as he is right now.

Sounds like Durant will stay at Golden State. I’d have been very keen to see him at the Sixers…

Certainly was given the option, walk or be fired.

How long is it feasible that lebron keeps playing for?

Does he look like he’s slowing down?
Arguably his best season yet.
You’d think a minimum of 3 years and probably up to 5?

Another 4-5 easily. He’s 32-33, he’s probably the best prepared athlete in the world, takes great care of himself, works very hard in the off-season to stay in shape. This is his 15th season and I’ve seen no diminishing of his athleticism whatsoever.

3 Likes

Read after last season he spends between $1.5-2Million on his body each year in dietary programs, personal trainers, fitness advisers, well being massages, doctors and whatever else cos he wants to be absolute peak for as long as possible.

If I had that much money I’d spend it on burgers.

4 Likes

plus he’s more than competent working the post, so if his speed/athleticism diminishes he’ll be super effective as a block threat.

2 Likes

Players voted Donovan Mitchell ROY over Simmons?
It was close but I thought Simmons had the better season.
Will be interesting to see who wins the ROY voted on by media.

Donavan is a gun

2 Likes

yeah i got laughed at when i went early and said that the ROY wasn’t fait accompli and that Mitchell,Tatum,Kuzma were playing at the level.

Sounds like you’re getting your wish with Ayton too Fog.

See I thought Ben the whole second half of the season over Donovan for the same reason I think LeBron should be Mvp over harden

Sure Donovan scores a lot of points

But

Simmons is putting up Magic Johnson numbers all while having the best defensive rpm in the class

He plays both sides of the ball where as the Jazz are statistically the best defense in the NBA when Mitchel is on th bench

Simmons is already copping the lebrons. Expections for what should be a stand out year are rediculius.

Fact is this, Simmons only just missed out on being all Nba. He collected 37 total votes where as Mitchell got 1

That says it all really.

3 Likes

Numbers aside (which Ben wins in a canter)

Ben took a lottery team to the second round of the playoffs (which turns out in the backdrop of a messy organisation)

Donovan walked into a strong organization that has been a feature of playoffs for some time.

IN HIS FIRST SEASON

Classic Tall Poppy syndrome…there’s not much more he could have done and yet people still bag him for his lack of range with his shot.

All the talk about how Mitchell improved the Jazz is somewhat misleading.

The Jazz improved dramatically when Gobert came back from injury…before that, they were a lottery prospect.

1 Like

Mitchell certainly made the Jazz relevant. Gobert was good, but he cannot carry that team and he certainly wasn’t the difference between them missing out on finals and almost clinching home court advantage in the first round.
Mitchell was a big reason why they improved from mid December to t the end of the regular season.

Regardless, I still think what Ben Simmons did this year was more unique. You could argue he ‘stat pads’ but I thought he beat out Mitchell as far as having a better season.

Read that Bosh thinks Lebron will go to Houston. You’d have to imagine he’d know what’s going on in the inner-circles.

2 Likes

The Rockets have been favourites all along.

1 Like