NBA 2018/19 Ben Simmons is ROTY. MEGA THREAD!

Someone who’ll defend would help!

1 Like

JACCCCCKED

1 Like

kawhi wants out of spurs.

Wtf??

Get him in Green Danny!

Kawhi should go to Portland.

1 Like

When I said “get him in Green”, you still have to do your due diligence on him. How’s that hip? What is the likelihood of him staying on when he is a FA in 2019? Back of my head says he will end up in LA eventually even if he gets traded elsewhere. We have a glut of picks to get something done, but if he had to give up a Jalen Brown for a guy with one one year left on his contract and a more than likely chance he’d sign with the Lakers in the 2019 Free Agency then I’d leave it alone.

Surely the only reason Kawhi’s preference is us is because the likes of George/LeBron/another All-Star is coming to us already.

Plus we’d get him his own signature shoe that he so desperately wants.

Still. George was hell bent on getting to us last off-season and the Pacers refused to trade him to us out of spite so I don’t see the Spurs just handing him over to us let alone to a Wester Conference rival, let alone to the Lakers of all teams.

It’s nice to have big names interested in joining us again though.

2 Likes

Kwahi, Lebron and George is a chance.
But I don’t see San Antonio trading Kwahi to another Western team.

I was against us going for Lebron, but watching him this past season, even if he’s 90% as good due to age, he’d be the best player on our team by a mile.

I saw something on twitter today that said the spurs have never traded with the lakers in the popovich era.

I think if the celts or Phily put up a good deal, he goes there.

Besides, the web deals that people are speculating are this

Celtics: Brown, Rosier, Morris, Yabusele.
Phily: Saric, Fultz, Covington, pick 10

Now considering those are two eastern conference teams, and the lakers offer is likely

Kuzma, and one of either Ingram or Ball (no way the spurs want ball drama)

That deal just not as good as the two EC ones

One NY report suggested New York would trade Porzingus and Pick 9 for Kawhi.

What a depreciating in an asset that would be if Fultz was dealt like that. From the #1 pick to just a piece in a trade. I think the Lakers trade assets are heavily overrated. Ball is trash. His shot his so bad he couldn’t hit water if he fell out of a boat, plus his family baggage is so anti-Pop it’s not funny. Kuzma is a nice player, Ingram and Randle are also decent but they combined won’t get you a legit superstar and a Finals MVP. They only thing they can do is for Kawhi to be a ■■■■ and simply refuse to play there again and force SA to accept a low-ball trade.

I don’t know if Boston or Philly would put together those trade proposals knowing that he’d leave in a year. Maybe if he did a sign-and-trade, get the super max contract, Boston/Philly know he’s locked in for 5 years and can trade with that security.

The Spurs aren’t getting much for him unfortunately for them.

They’ll get a few decent pieces back for him but that’s it by the sounds of it.

He is from LA, says that the relationship between him and the Spurs is “irreparable” and is hell bent on a trade and his preference is the Lakers.

If the Celtics or 6ers are legit thinking of offering those types of deals for him (not just the keyboard peanuts on Twitter) then they are silly IMO because he will be a rental and for the likes of the Celtics, I don’t see how the cap works considering Horford, Hayward and Kyrie’s salaries.

The Lakers won’t give up Ball because they have kinda put all their eggs in that basket and he showed a lot of promise last season despite what many would have you think. Kuzma they love and I don’t see them parting with considering his potential.

That leaves Ingram/Randle/Hart/KCP (sign & trade) etc plus draft picks to play with and Luol Deng to make the salaries work.

Anyone who isn’t a Lakers fan though will say we have to give up the equivalent of LeBron to get him though.

1 Like

Dude, all it takes is an acceptable offer from any other franchise, and he is gone. Sure he may end up at the Lakers eventually, but if you think the Spurs will take unders and help LA build a super team in the process don’t know the Spurs very well.

Spurs would trade him to the Kings for Vlade Divac before they’d let the Lakers go nuclear .

Lakers will totally have to give up Kuzma and Ingram, and probably find a home for Pau somewhere too

1 Like

There’s still the problem with Deng.
I don’t think they can get George and Lebron without getting rid of Deng.

2 Likes

They already have two max slots free regardless of Deng’s contract.

They would have to ship him off to get Kawhi as well though.

Time will tell.

I’ve been a Spurs fan for 25 years, they never trade even bit pieces to conference rivals, if it’s going to make them stronger

1 Like

Never say never.

I’m saying never, I get that being a lakers fan affords you a certain sense of entitlement. But the spurs will do what’s best for the spurs. Kawhi very well may end up a laker but it’s either going to be a season from now, or when the Lakers pony up acceptable value for a 2x Defensive player of the year, all star and finals MVP

1 Like

What will the Celtics and Sixers offer if he won’t commit for more than a year? They ain’t giving up all those pieces (all 4 are probably too much anyway) if he’s only hanging around for one year.

3 Likes