NBA 2018/19 Ben Simmons is ROTY. MEGA THREAD!

Better than giving MVP to the guy who’s best at 3-pointers.

1 Like

I know you hate Steph, but that’s pretty ignorant.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

Man that didn’t take long. Hook and line Wez :wink:

4 Likes

I really don’t understand how anyone is even considering Mitchell as a realistic rival for ROY.

Simmons is putting up numbers that compare with all time greats, his team is winning for the first time in years and he has Mitchell covered in everything except PPG (including 3 pointers and Free Throws)

He is having one of the all time great rookie seasons.

I’d like anyone to explain how Mitchell could be considered to have had a better year then Simmons.

3 Likes

Btw, what I am hating about MVP the last few years is all the winners have been below or well below average defenders.

Harden will get it this year, but for me it’s Anthony Davis by a street. He is a beast on offence but he is the Anchor to the Pels defense as well.

It’s time that started counting for something again.

1 Like

I reckon Simmons already has the LeBron problem, in that his bar is set very high.

But your right, what he is doing is extraordinary

4 Likes

Simmons other problem is that Embiid is seen as the leader at the 76ers, and Ben is almost supporting cast.
While Mitchell has such a large scoreboard impact and is also perhaps why the Jazz have overachieved everyone’s expectations (Rudy and and Jingles not withstanding).

I agree except I’d lean towards the Greek Freak.

Lillard MVP hands down :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cannot believe it is even a conversation, stats aside annd Ben is having a record season (what a freak)

Look at Philly in 2017 they finished a 340 team. With only 28 wins - 2018 they have jumped to a 560 team (with 39 wins already) and that is after a slow start to the year. They could even grab the 3rd seed. Truly remarkable.

The Jazz has always been a strong organisation and rookie shooters do well is good systems.

Philly have gone from a joke to a team to watch in under 12 months

2 Likes

Is this really new?
Allen Iverson v Steph Curry… who’s worse?

Ben’s also suffering from this whole ‘red shirt rookie’ crap.
I’m sure there’s a small advantage being around the team, but nothing like what NBA commentators have been expressing.

1 Like

Interesting stat.

Ben the first Rookie with 15 assists and no turnovers.

In a triple double.

I suspect the number of rookies with 15 assists in a TD is a rather small sample set!

has there ever been a quadruple double?
(points, rebounds, assists, steals/blocks)

Its funny when you look at the criticism of Mitchell against Simmons. Mitchell gets a much easier run from people. Seems a lot of people wanting to pull Simmons down and build Mitchell up. No doubt they are both very good players but definitely not a balanced argument.

1 Like

sure has.
I remember The Admiral doing one.

Edit:
Just the four in history

Player # Times
Nate Thurmond 1
David Robinson 1
Alvin Robertson 1
Hakeem Olajuwon 1

2 Likes

Dame and McCollum having shockers and we’re still ahead at three quarter time. Gonna be a huge 12 minutes!!

First thoughts Shaq mighta got 1 but nope just them 4 listed

If Andrei Kirilenko had ever scored 10 points he might’ve had one!

2 Likes