NBA 2018/19 Ben Simmons is ROTY. MEGA THREAD!

Off the bench for sure

Exum is a borderline starter but with Big Ben handling the ball in that starting unit having Joe, Patty and Thon spacing is critical, thatā€™s why that starting line up is like that

2 Likes

But fact

Best point guard in the East passing to the best three point shooter in the NBa

Thatā€™s our boomers ladies and gentlemen

2 Likes

If only we had Ellington.

What was JR thinking?

As a Lakers fan who watches every single game.

I can confirm that Andrew Bogut is well and truly done.

He would make a snail look like lightening.

1 Like

Miami down by 3 with 30 seconds to go. Simmons with 17/12/10/4 so far.

1 Like

Blazers are now genuinely not even trying.

Portland are the Essington of the NBA, making Jrue Holiday And etwaun moore look like Jordan and Pippen.

Game is getting chippy too

Looking like the 10th straight playoff game loss for the blazers. Yikes.

1 Like

Making a push now.

So Lillard goes to management and has a sook mid year about where the club is going and how he wants to be competitive. Management should ring him now and ask him the same questions, he was absolute garbage this series. Completely outplayed, out hussled and out gunned by Holiday and Rondo.

What a trash way to end a good season.

2 Likes

Yeah, changing my evaluation 4-1 philly. canā€™t see heat getting another after todays performance.

Think philly can go real deep

3 Likes

I reckon the heat gave them a real eye opener in game 2 with the physicality and they adjusted, if they stay together for years gonna be a scary prospect.

1 Like

Simmons, the ultimate big occasion player, the hotter the pressure the more he performs.
When Embiid was out, he steps his game up.
Mature beyond his years, backs his teammate Covington up , when shoved by Johnson, then ignores the chirping in his face.
11 triple doubles during regular season making him second of all time behind Oscar Roberston at 26
Nearly recording a triple double per playoff game. Can easily see him getting another triple double in the playoffs, to only be behind Magic Johnson with 5.

2 Likes

FIBA basketball is different to the NBA. They call travels for one.

I always liked the Steve Kerr strategy of bringing on Bogut for the first 2-3 minutes of every quarter to bang up the opposition. I thought Bogutā€™s injury was the key reason that the Cavs got up in the 2016 finalsā€¦ the paint opened up and they started scoring inside freely.

Iā€™d play him for sure. Tell him heā€™s got 10-12 minutes a game to use up his fouls. Set hard picks, throw his weight around, make the opposition think twice. Football and basketball are pretty similar in that sense, the team thatā€™s harder at it can often beat the more talented team.

3 Likes

Wolves beat Houston in Game 3, currently the Jazz have taken over in the 2nd to lead OKC heading towards half-time. This play-offs is already far better than last seasonā€™s yawn-fest, where it was blatantly obvious what the Finals match-up would be.

The Pelicans swept Portland, Davis and Holiday with 40+ point games. I really like New Orleans.

Westbrook turns the ball over more than Stanton

2 Likes