NBA 2018/19 Ben Simmons is ROTY. MEGA THREAD!

The more I think about it, Philly are a real smokey to make it all the way

They have the best two big men to slow it down and go to work in the paint, great veterans and really really good shooters.

If you double team either Embiid/Simmonds you give their shooters plenty of looks.

I think the biggest question mark, is their defence.

Phillyā€™s +/- is actually really good, and if you take away the late game fades which I put down to lack of veterans it is even better. Theyā€™re not going to beat a seasoned west conference team in the finals though and I doubt they will win if they are matched up against an east seed that has home court.

1 Like

They have the 2nd best defence in the nba

Iā€™d take the Sixers vs the Raps or Celtics, and they are the only East Teams that could have gone court against them

3 Likes

would be very interesting to see whether Brad Stevens could find a way to expose Benā€™s obvious limitations over seven games and equally how well Ben was able to work through it

Speaking of Simmons again, I canā€™t believe that a country that froths at the mouth over a gold medal in the 20km walk isnā€™t giving what would appear to be the best young athlete in the world more coverage.

12 Likes

plus has that arrogant aussie swagger about him.

none of this ā€˜i secretly hate everyone that competes with me but iā€™ve been media trained so i love themā€™

Blazers are the only side to get swept this year.

If he was American he would be the reincarnation of LeBron and Jordan and the best basketball prospect of all time.

1 Like

I wonder if itā€™s a bit of tall poppy syndrome?

Media love a true battlers story, but hes not that really.

True one of a kind talent, dominated HS, dominated college, number 1 pick, dominates NBA only a couple of months in, speaks well on an off the court, marketers dream, follows EFC.

We just need a photo of him and Hirdy to trigger the media back home.

They love him over here.

For me as a basketball fan, I pinch myself everyday. We are in the golden age of Australian basketball - but this is something different.

4 Likes

True

But this series they have allowed 103, 113, 108, 102

They would want to tighten that up

I know a few Aussie Bball fans that are very quick to point out his faults and not recognise that he is insanely talented

So :100: tall poppy syndrome.

Itā€™s also a basketball thing, people froth over middling soccer players as well

I also know him election to go to high school in the US vs a full term at the AIS put a few noses out

its strange for me, bens so good now, and has some glaring issues that he can fix. imagine how good heā€™ll be then?

Should be a problem but defence has been ordinary throughout the NBA this season.

Interesting about the AIS. Why would anyone care about that? Would have thought going to the states weeks have definitely been the best for his basketball?

Derrick Rose has been pretty decent this series fitting into a new system.
Hopefully this will be a resurgence in his career.

50 Point quarter by the Rockets and this game has been put to bed.

2 Likes

Massive.

if theres anyon in the nba i donā€™t want to ā– ā– ā– ā–  of its coach quin ā€˜totally not a serial killer in disguiseā€™ snyder.

2 Likes

foul foul foul foul.