NBA 2018/19 Ben Simmons is ROTY. MEGA THREAD!

I really think Delly would be a perfect fit at the Suns, plays great D and can play off the ball, so Booker can handle the point…

Simmons flirting with a trip double half way through 4th.

He got it

1 Like

Simmons with 21/12/10 with a minute to go.
I have been really impressed with his defence as well. He is going to be a superstar.

3 Likes

Ben Simmons

Most consecutive double doubles as a rookie since Shaq

First Aussie to ever get a trip dub

First player to ever get 10/10/5 in their first 4 games of Nba

WOW

2 Likes

Is he really an Aussie though, or was he just born here while his dad was playing NBL and then learnt his basketball in the US?

Who will he play for in the Olympics?

Being an Aussie, how long before he’s branded DIRTY AND TOO ROUGH.

No only is he a keen Aussie who’ll play for the Boomers, he’s a Bombers supporter too. Lot to like about him.

7 Likes

Well he was born here and moved at age 15/16 to better develop his game. He is very strong on being an Aussie though. Noted he will be playing for Australia in next Olympics.

1 Like

Forget Ben… The Suns won!!!
Sacked coach bounce! However I did prefer his rotations to Watsons

1 Like

Nearly all those Americans who made the NBL great in the 90’s like Fisher, Bruton, Smith, Simmons etc became Australian permanent residents.

1 Like

Fair enough. I thought he left when he was very young.

Actually the rookie ruck Smith at Brisbane is the son of Calvin.

Actually the first influx of Americans to play basketball occurred in the 1970’s. It was the band of teachers imported to Australia that included basketballers like Goorjian. Had two American teachers in primary school who were damn fine teachers.

He is Aussie, his mother is Australian, he is an Australian Citizen and has already played games for the boomers.

Once you have played for one country that’s it.

Thon Maker is saying he will play for us next Olympiad to

1 Like

He left to go play US prep ball over going to the AIS, but has repped Australia at u17’s and seniors already

Yep, not sure why Watson was the only one that couldn’t see his rotations didn’t work.
I think I would like Len to start too, but Chandler did much better than he had been

1 Like

OK. I get it. Thanks.

1 Like

Aussie. Like bogut, he normally comes back here in the off season.

Kyrie Irving was the not-really-Aussie who could’ve qualified.

1 Like

Will Bledsoe get traded?