NBA 2018/19 Ben Simmons is ROTY. MEGA THREAD!

If Simmonds news is not leading all papers and news bulletins in Australia, then they need to shut up shop.

Internationally, this is our biggest sporting export since our tennis/swimming golden days

4 Likes

Bogut also a good EFC supporter(and I think Exum as well)

Gastro through the Jazz camp. A few might not go, today including Jingles.

Dellavedova Collingwood
And I think Ingles is Hawthorn

So not to be considered Australian

2 Likes

Patty Mills is Dons too.

Was Maryborough a Pies zone (way back when)?

Crows fan I believe.

1 Like

Dear Alan,

Ben Simmons is an Aussie. Just thought someone should let you know.

Cheers.

1 Like

@benfti: Youā€™ll be pleased to hear that my lad made his debut for West Adelaide Bearcats last Saturday. Heā€™s 11 and 5 foot 8.

3 Likes

They used to be an NBL team way back in the day

They were my most despised rival in juniors. Took great delight putting 20 on them in a gf at Apollo back in the day.

Smug barstards.

1 Like

Who did you play for, I was a Norwood Flame in my days in Adelaide

The mighty Central Districts Lions.

Played until u/16s and then my mum said I couldnā€™t play any more because peeping Al Green was appointed coach.

1 Like

I think it was Carlton. John Nicholls was from Maryborough but that was before zoning.

Collingwood was Western District - Hamilton, Macarthur, Casterton, Coleraine

And then the VFL stole Ararat and Stawell from us and gave them to Collingwood

Mills is definitely a Crows supporter.

1 Like

I did not know that we had Ararat and Stawell. But I agree that Maryborough was probably carltankā€™s as I know that Bendigo was in their zone as I had a relative play for them and he was from the Bendigo area.

And to others I reckon I had seen that Paddy was a crows fan and maybe he was mates with one of the crows players from his days in Canberra but not sure which one it may have been.

We recruited Greg Perry and Bronco Grainger from Stawell and the late Doug Tassell (who was killed a car crash midseason in 1970) from Ararat.

Then they gave Ararat and Stawell to Collingwood and Perryā€™s younger brother went there.

1 Like

Ben needs to take the open shot when itā€™s there.

1 Like

Mills hair is ghastly.

1 Like

Also heat choked hard in q3