NBA 2018/19 Ben Simmons is ROTY. MEGA THREAD!

Yes…they lost games 4 & 5 against Houston when he was missing

Or a fully fit Curry. He only came good towards the end of that series.

The scariest thing about the dubs is that they just swept a finals series after a playoffs where Curry, Klay and Iguodala all had injury problems.

They keep that team together they will win 5-6 trophies. Maybe more.

I was talking as if Jordan were playing for the current Cavs team.

Not what he had done previously in his career.

Regardless, you are right, it is irrelevant.

Yeah, but he’d be in his fifties now. Probably slowed down a bit.

1 Like

Come back to Miami. We need a superstar.

He has been swept twice in the finals (and gave up in that Boston series)

There is no way his legacy can be compared to Jordans

2 Likes

Again did CP3 play in game 3, when they were torched by 41?

1 Like

Yeh. Did he play in the other three games that Houston won?

McDowell-White and Matur Maker withdrew their names from the draft.

Dubs apparently fishing for AD to join them.
I can’t see how it gets done TBH. But if it did, it would kill the NBA next year.

Stupid as it may seem, I reckon LeBron should seriously think of joining New Orleans in FA. He won’t, as it’s a small market team, etc, but if he was able to team up with AD and they kept Boogie, that trio would give the Warriors some serious problems. Get the right role players in and around them and they would be lit!

1 Like

I could actually see the NBA stepping in and vetoing that trade.

2 Likes

I doubt anyone touches him with a 10 foot barge poll now.

It was well known that he was a lockeroom cancer before moving to NO which has quietened down a bit now but with him coming back from an achillies and him also most likely expecting a max deal…

Yeah… He is staying in NO for sure.

Part of that though was them acknowledging they’d have to part with Green and Thompson to get him.

1 Like

wasnt the ‘source’ from a fake reporter on twitter?

Colangelos Mrs.

3 Likes

It would only be the second time I can think of it happening. Can anyone else think of another time other than when Chris Paul was stopped from joining the Lakers?

Pelicans might not offer him more than 2-3 years - a bit of talk he ends up in LA

Hopefully the Clippers.

Don’t want to touch him coming off that injury.

1 Like

I think actually it is as stupid as it may seem

Look at the good bigs that LeBron has played with - Bosh, Love for starters. None of them have become better with him on the team.

He wants one guy that sets hard picks and rolls or pops. Someone who can switch up on D, rebound, and protect the ring. That’s why Varajeo and Thompson have been solid role players in his teams. The rest of the team need to be able to shoot to spread the defense.

He doesn’t want someone who dictates terms on the low or high block, because as soon as the paint is full he is limited in his ability to bulldoze smaller guards. He is 60-70% of the player without that.

It’s why Simmons is the prototype LeBron antidote… big guard who can go with him body on body and can switch into the big body when it rolls off the pick.