NBA 2018/19 Ben Simmons is ROTY. MEGA THREAD!

In fairness it was still pretty early days.
Plenty more could have played out.

Seems to be some noise that Butler wants out of the T-Wolves. He can opt-out after this season, there may be an incentive to trade him out while he has some value. Can imagine that the Spurs, LA, Celtics and 76ers will be queuing up for that one!

1 Like

From Steinā€™s report in the NYT:
Word also reached us Monday night that LeBronā€™s Lakers, after signing Rajon Rondo away from New Orleans and then losing Randle to the Pelicans, had an opportunity to sign Cousins at a one-year price point similar to the one that landed him in Golden State. But Iā€™m told the Lakers passed, clearing the way for the Warriors to infuriate the basketball public yet again.

If this is true, then this seems like a mighty balls up. Or that Lebron doesnā€™t want him in the team?

Yep, itā€™s like a liberal government, itā€™s not surprising they smash every one, but the real blame for it isnā€™t them, itā€™s everyone else for letting it happen.

1 Like

A week ago you didnā€™t want the freaking 35 win Lakers to take him, and now heā€™s a great signing.
Interesting.

I donā€™t think anyone envisaged that a starting all star from last year could be signed for a mid level exception.

If the Lakers could have had him for that, then that was a bad decision.
I doubt Boogie would have gone to any team for the mid level exception.

exactly, iā€™m sure he would of gladly signed for my beloved bulls for the mle.

another good read

5 Likes

For the Warriors and for that price, it is a great signing.

I only got the first four words of the title and thought ā€œNah I still doā€ hahahahahahah

1 Like
1 Like

Bjelica to the 76ers - 1 year.

Bogut saying another aussie is going to be in the NBA.

Have to assume itā€™s going to be broekhoff.

Would have though it was Jonah Bolden.
Jock Lansdale isnā€™t with an outside chance.

Suns have a guy from Illawarra on our Summer League rosterā€¦ Iā€™ve never heard of him but we do need another point guardā€¦

Do it

1 Like

Ryan Broekhoff signed a 2 year deal with the Mavs

Bogut is good friends with Cuban so Iā€™m not surprised the mavs pulled the trigger.

Totally deserves it, been an NBA caliber player for 3 years

2 Likes
2 Likes