NBA 2018/19 Ben Simmons is ROTY. MEGA THREAD!

Yeah that might be an accurate estimate. I reckon he will be a better offensive player than Kawhi but not quite at the DPOY level of defense, although he is no slouch. If the Cs kept the #1 Pick and picked Tatum, there would be no complaints from anybody about him being a bust. Far from it.

Its also worth noting that as gorgeous as that step back jumper is of Tatums, there is also a 7ā€™2 Center beating dudes off the dribble.

Embiid is astounding

5 Likes

If he stays healthy he will be a HoFer

Step back threes at 7ā€™2 off the dribble? Stop it.

76ers fans have a lot to look forward to, particularly if Fultz and Simmons find their jumpshots

1 Like

Fultz could shoot pre-draft yeah? Ben hasnā€™t really had a jump shot at all. Heā€™s so athletically gifted he can score without one, but if heā€™s can get something resembling a reliable mid-range shot and can get his FT shooting to an acceptable standard, he will easily score 25 a night, and thatā€™s from a pass-first PG. Embiid has an amazing skill set. But he needs to remember that he is 7ā€™2ā€ also and not get too carried away with perimeter shooting.

1 Like

He really needs to develop a three pointer as the mid-range jumper is now the most obsolete shot in basketball.

If you donā€™t have a three pointer then players will just sag off into the paint and make it almost impossible to drive.

Carmelo Anthony was arguably the best scorer in the league 9-10 years ago, he is a big wing who will back you down in the post and get to the rim or hit a turn around jumper. That was his game.

When the NBA evolved into this 3 & D hybrid with a focus on getting up and down the court, Carmeloā€™s game quickly dropped off because he refused to refine his 3 pointer because he always has and still does think that he is the man and as a result he was just bought out by OKC for 26ish-million. Melo never played high level defence to begin with so there was also that.

It just goes to show that great players need to learn and evolve with the game or they risk being left behind.

I donā€™t think Ben will have this problem however and he will put in the work to add weapons to his game.

Parker to the Bulls 2/$40m
Bucks wonā€™t match.

Really like that deal for the Bulls.

They really needed an NBA caliber 3 and thatā€™s what they got. He is still young as well.

Seems like a massive over pay to me.
Coming back from two bad injuries, and no defensive ability, it seems like lot of dollars.

1 Like

I think for the talent that he has that itā€™s a good get.

This is the modern NBA where inflated contracts are normal.

$20m is the new $10m.

I think heā€™ll do well in Chi town.

Yep. Same here.
But at least itā€™s only a two year deal.
They obviously donā€™t think they can get anyone in next yearā€™s FA, so they are going for the following year. Just before Lauriā€™s contract is up for renewal.

1 Like

I reckon Deng Adel has done enough in summer league to earn at least a 2-way contract somewhere

You mean Brad Stevens. He got us into the conference finals without 2 all-star players.

IT was not integral. Stevens is.

1 Like

Ainge is a master trader. Knew Tatum would slip to 3 (and beyond) and jumped at the downgrade.

1 Like

So how long are people giving it until, LBJ forces the Lakers to trade Ball becuase he canā€™t be bothered putting up with the old mans BS?

2 Likes

Lebron isnā€™t going to take any of this ā– ā– ā– ā–  for long, thatā€™s for sure.

12 months.

Then we get Klay Thompson, a now healthy Boogie Cousins and we can keep Ingram,Ball, Kuzma etc.

Lonzo wonā€™t be traded.
No one in their right mind would take him on.

Only way of Lakers getting rid of him is to pay him out.
Before that happens, heā€™d be relegated to the G League.

The Ball family are doing their darndest to make sure he doesnā€™t get traded. When the rumours were circulating that he might be part of a deal to get Kawhi, and even Lillard, they made sure that details on his knee injury were disclosed to stop any deal from happening. Magic made the wrong choice. Firstly he isnā€™t that good, his shot is laughable, heā€™s a poor athlete, he isnā€™t a leader on the court, and his Dad is a wanker. They are a circus. I hope Rondo gets the starting PG job ahead of him just to see what LaVar does. Heā€™s already tried to run Walton out of the coaching jobā€¦

4 Likes

You could make a case for your other points, I personally disagree but yourself and many others do see him the way that you do.

But one thing that Lonzo isnā€™t, is a poor athlete.

1 Like

Bjelica decides not to take up his 1 year deal with the 76ers and is going to play Euroleague instead.