NBA 2018/19 Ben Simmons is ROTY. MEGA THREAD!

@rylandoz we threw this away

Good to see Caris LeVert back for Brooklyn after he dislocated his foot 3 months ago

1 Like

Celtics blow a 28 point lead at home and lose to the Clippers.
Rockets blow a 26 point lead at home and lose to OKC.

1 Like

Celtics lost Irving to a knee injury during the game

76ers vs Lakers

Harris having a big 1st qtr

Kuzma is on fire!!! 23 points in the 1st quarter! :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Modern basketball is insane

Imagine in 1990 if someone told you that the lakers had gone off, some bloke had scored 23 already, they were 6-8 from behind the arc and they had scored 40 points and it was only the end of the first period.

Now imagine that same person told you that their opposition was only one point behind

Just crazy

I love this game

2 Likes

They shouldve kept him on the court for the start of the 2nd

79pts in the 1st is crazy

Team scoring was identical in 1990-91 to 2017-18, 106.3 points per game

Just a lot more of it is from 3.

(Scoring went down a fair bit from ~1990 to ~97, been on a steady increase since then)

Ben took a 3 and almost hit.

3 Likes

Haha, so patronising. Reminds me of my days playing under 11s!!

1 Like

Tobias Harris has fit in really well with their system. He doesnā€™t need the ball in his hands a great deal, he can shoot it and defend. Jimmy Butler is the one who might be the odd man out in this team. Canā€™t see him sticking around but TH would be mad to not stay in Philly. They have a legitimate shot at it this year with that 4 in the starting line-up.

4 Likes

And then Ben Simmons comes to the Lakers and gets mentored by LeBron for a couple of seasons!

I could live with that!

1 Like

Why would he go to LA? 76ers are building something special.

2 Likes

Donā€™t forget JJ.

Heā€™s as important as the other 4.

2 Likes

I reckon if youā€™re signed to that team at the moment youā€™d be licking your lips. Buckets wants the $ but heā€™s also a winnerā€¦ thereā€™s a lot to love playing for a contender

Mind you, I completely understand why NBA guys are so mercenary. Teams expect loyalty but give none

For the most part, San Antonio offer loyalty. But no one wants to come play for us

I know Philly are talking a big four but reckon to Butler may become expendable

1 Like

That is correct, HOWEVER there was a little bit of info floating around that none other than my favourite ever player and GM of the Lakers claims that Ben Simmons approached the Lakers about the possibility of joining.

I think this sums up the Celtics pretty well.

ā€œFrom the outside, they look like a Maserati. Pop the hood, though, and maybe thereā€™s no engineā€