NBA 2018/19 Ben Simmons is ROTY. MEGA THREAD!

Absolutely he does. He flops more than a fish out of water.

So why didn’t he get the four times a Warriors player jumped under him?

I think the difference in this series will be Durant. Houston has to do everything to put him off his game. Talk trash, hard foul him, mention his FA, try and get him ejected.

IMO it’s because he’s jumping forward rather than straight up. The defender has a right to advance to contest the shot on a step back - if you’re stepping back and then launching forward you are creating the contact.

It also doesn’t help that he’s created a reputation for himself as a flopper.

It’s the ones that Steph doesn’t get that annoy me far more than Harden who gets way more than he deserves.

1 Like

Post match, both D’Antoni and Harden said that the refs told them at half time that they missed the calls and got them wrong. If that’s true, then at least they’re not the AFL and putting their heads in the sand.

Dunno if it was Steve Javie or one of the commentators, or I just misheard it, said if you jump to block the shot and land outside the 3pt line then you are not giving the shooter space to land, that’s a foul.

And BTW, Boston win Game 1 in Milwaukee…

1 Like

Yes there were bad calls - you ignore bad ones called in favour of Houston shockingly. ( eg pulling Looney’s arm), but there were also correct calls eg. Harden’s potential game tying shot.

Throwing legs outside a natural landing spot isnt a defensive foul.

1 Like

Much better start on defence for Philly so far in Game 2.

Sixers need Ben and Joel to pick it up. 6 between them.
Otherwise the Raptors will roll them in this second half.

annnnnnnd… go.

Kawhi is a freak

1 Like

It’s ugly… so ugly.

14 turnovers to 6. Frustrating!!

I can’t stand Lowry

You can see what happens when the defence collapses and they pack the paint, Ben is a non-factor unless it’s a full-court fast break and he can get on his skates. If he doesn’t work on his shot and his FT shooting this off-season…

2 Likes

Gasol just plays Embiid so well

Philly’s still up but this feels over. Strange.

are you Jared Dudley? :stuck_out_tongue:

Yep me either, has the permanent Iguodala “I’ve never committed a foul ever” face.

Sixers should have been up 25 at half time.

Well I am a nobody!!

The last minute of the second was costly

1 Like