NBA 2018/19 Ben Simmons is ROTY. MEGA THREAD!

Massive bucket to Embiid - how many 7’2” dudes can take the ball at the point, spin, fake out two defenders, and score with the soft hands?

Can’t believe the Raptors missed that open three to tie

harris was avgsauce, embiid has spurts of alright

philly can play a lot better than that

1 Like

ALthough Ben had a poor night offensively he was terrific on Kawhi - which is odd as he had 35. He worked hard for everything though.
Kawhi is a freak

1 Like

Massive for Philly, massive for Brown. Lots of talk that if he loses this series, he will be fired. It’s why there is a hold-up on the Monty Williams/Lakers decision. They are waiting on the Sixers campaign to end before anything happens. Likely if Philly get eliminated, Brown goes and MW is promoted to the Sixers head coaching role and then LA will probably just go with Tyronne Lue. If not and they make it to the East Finals Brown will more than likely remain in the role, and Williams is an option for the Lakers…

2 Likes

Not much defence being played in first quarter of Blazers/Nuggets.

He also did this, with the game on the line.

2 Likes

Man Gary Harris and Paul Millsap will be empty after all the shots they’re pulling out of their neither regions.

1 Like

Kevin McHale is as in love with Jokic as I am with Orazio…

1 Like

Did he fist bump the ref?

Man turnovers and Jokic killed us tonight.

Blazers can control one of those things. Without Nurkic got no match up for Jokic.

1 Like

Denver can’t stop Dame, Portland can’t stop Jokic.

1 Like

Man these playoffs are delivering

philly and raptors both played badly but philly scrapped out a win, great tense game

nuggets v portland was one of the finest displays of pure basketball you’ll see, dame is a freak but jokic is 2 all star players in the one man, just casually dictates games with his passing/shooting/creativity, such a joy to watch.

Then there was Rockets Golden State and boy do these guys hate each other. Golden State got the collingwood anzac day treatment, I can’t wait to see these two play in Houston as the rockets with Chris Paul could push the Warriors…hopefully.

I’m going for Philly but I know they won’t make it to the big dance unless Harris returns to form and Ben goes up a gear. Embiid is cooked but cooked Embiid is still better than Boban. Lucky they have Monroe, and if Bolden can shake the nerves he can be pretty decent from range.

They’re ■■■■■■■ awesome

I had written this season off as a warriors waltz

I now genuinely think that the rockets can beat them and that the bucks or raptors will give them a great opponent in the finals

1 Like

I think the Warriors will win this series in no more than 5 games. Houston are spending waaaaaaay too much emotional energy on the referees in Game 1, even going so far as dragging up the 2018 WCF and that they were denied 93 points from missed calls in that series. Why bring up the past? They were a healthy CP3 and perhaps not going cold from 3 in the Game 7 away from winning that series, but instead they go down this route. I don’t think it’s particularly helpful going off like this after Game 1. Plus, they got nobody who can stop Durant in his current hot streak…

2 Likes

But to your point, I’m really enjoying it. You’re going to have one of Portland or Denver in the WCF, which nobody would’ve thought, plus the East is really competitive and IMO whoever makes it out of there will give the Warriors a far better challenge than LeBron’s Cavs did last year. There is a “last hurrah” feel about the Dubs, so they will want to make it 3 in a row before the band breaks up. The most unpopular team left in the mix is the Rockets for the reasons outlined. People are sick of the whining from Harden, Paul and D’Antoni. If they are to win this series, they MUST win tonight. It will say much about their state of mind. Lose by 20+ and I’m getting the broom out.

1 Like

Houston were better chance to beat GSW last year, but Paul being injured put an end to that. Can’t see how they beat them this year, I agree it’ll be 5 games. Houston might sneak a win at home.

Durant playing MVP finals ball again

He is every chance to go back to back to back

Wow

Test will be if he can do it with different team like Lebron. Join the superteam to get over the hump and win some rings, then go and see if you can do it somewhere else.

1 Like

Wonder if full-game AFL audits would prove certain teams continually get favourable treatment.

Bleacher Report