NBA 2018/19 Ben Simmons is ROTY. MEGA THREAD!

‘hey laker nation here is 5 reasons Leonard will be a laker next season’

Repeat every 3rd day

It’s the Clips he’s interested in, Woj said he may not even take a meeting with the Lakers.

Lakers couldn’t afford him anyway

I increasingly can’t see him leaving

National television audience for Raptors final series in Canada was over 50% at 17m or something ridiculous.

He’s a national hero over there now and if his agent is smart you could monetize the ■■■■ out of that. The whole of Canada will be wearing Raps jerseys.

Alternatively go to LA in a two team city and share the limelight with Brow and LeBron or be the clippers #1?

Take the max, go for back to back champs and capitalize on being the face of basketball for a 35 million person country

1 Like

If he stays at Toronto he’s under no pressure whatsoever. He will be treated like royalty and forever lauded for bringing them their first title. He can also part ways and leave having done the job asked of him. If he went to the Clippers and brought what has long been a joke of a franchise (they don’t even have any jersey retirements) their inaugural title, it would only enhance his legacy. 3 titles on 3 different teams and you would assume a 3rd Finals MVP. They are run well now with Jerry West involved, have a very wealthy owner, a championship winning coach and a squad of gritty players. Add a superstar and they could be Toronto in the WC.

1 Like

I’ve been following the NBA since the 80’s

Never underestimate Jerry West

3 Likes

To be fair he was trying to get there before AD joined, so it is not like it is a bolt from the blue. That is IF he ends up at the Lakers.

Celtics looking to trade Baynes

Draft Day is here and we already have a trade (reportedly):

New Orleans trades:

Pick 4, Pick 57, future 2nd Round pick and Solomon Hill

Atlanta trades:

Pick 8, Pick 17, Pick 35

Interesting approach from the Pels. Hill contract is off the books for them, but they trade down in this draft. That would also mean that the Davis trade has been inked, otherwise how can they trade an asset they don’t have?

Suns trade Pick 6 to Minnesota for Dario Saric and Pick 11.

Like the Hawks trade

Dammit Li’angelo

1 Like

Man the Pelicans are cleaning up!

1 Like

Draft gone to script so far with the first 3 picks:

1 - Zion (NOLA)
2 - Ja Morant (MEM)
3 - RJ Barrett (NYK)

It will get interesting now.

Wait Zion went to the Pels? There a shock!

Not much excitement as a Lakers fan today, had pick 4 (or did we?) and it has supposedly been ontraded as well. No other actual Lakers picks, so I am a little bit underwhelmed. Maybe we get a late one through some weird trade we do and we end up trading that player anyway, like we did with Svi last season.

I love the hair on Coby White. Might be my favourite new player!

Aron Baynes traded to Phoenix. The Suns also get Boston’s Pick 24 this draft in exchange for Milwaukee’s 2020 1st round pick, which the Suns held rights to from the Bledsoe trade.

2 Likes

Can’t keep up with all the trades that have taken place. So many guys being presented with the cap of the team that selected them knowing that they’ve already been dealt. LOL!

Apparently we are buying out Baynes, shame I would have preferred to keep him

I don’t get it.
Why don’t they move the date of the draft so it’s at a more salary cap friendly time.