NBA 2018/19 Ben Simmons is ROTY. MEGA THREAD!

Darren Collison retires.

Wow.

Why would he go to the Lakers? He has nothing to prove, also shown he likes being the main man.

I think itā€™s the clippers, long term deal and face of the franchise

If he joins Lakers I will take a holiday from the NBA

Klay stays at the Dubs
Kemba confirmed to Boston

Kyrie to the Nets
DLo back to the Lakers by the looks

1 Like

Lakers arranging interviews with Russell and Beverley.

Not putting all their eggs in the Kawhi basket which is good.

If we sign Kawhi, everyone except Lakers fans will ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  and moan forever.

2 Likes

imagine if lakers sign kawhi and AD and donā€™t win a ring.

1 Like

Absolutely. It would be a weak move by Kawhi if that happened.

I think he should stay in Toronto and help take down Lebron and the Lakers. Would be a great story line for his career.
If he goes West, he wonā€™t make Finals for a while.

Alsoā€¦
Rumours through the week that the Lakers could grab Carmelo Anthonyā€¦
Safe to say, the Lakers are doing everything they can to fill out their roster cheaply.
Pelinka is doing a better job at it than Magic.

They clearly only went for 1-year options last season so that they had cleared the books for this FA period. Had they done a better job of it though theyā€™d have some of the pieces already on the roster rather than just 3 players under contract for next season.

Interesting news that Nikola Mirotic has turned his back on the NBA and signed with Barcelona in the Euro League. Heā€™d have been a good fit for a number of NBA teams. This FA period is probably the most anticipated for a number of years. Big names out there, Kawhi could tip the balance of power wherever he ends up.

No he isnā€™t, heā€™s an idiot. The lakers should be spending their cap space on a couple of very solid roll players and vets. Not another star like Russell.

The Raptors literally just won a championship with 1 super star and a bunch of solid vets and up and coming young players. They beat a team who had spent 80% of their cap once 4 dudes and had zero depth when injury hit.

Their two superstars are a big who rarely gets through 82 games and a guy who is 34 and has more miles on his legs than any player at that age in NBA history

Typical lakers move tbh

3 Likes

The only people who want this to happen are non-Lakers fans because they are scared that if the Lakers get 3 of the top 5 players in the league that they will walk the league.

Toronto won a Championship with a superstar and a whole bunch of role players this year. But how many years prior to that was it won by a big 3-4?

This year could be a total anomaly for all we know and not a sustainable model at all.

Creating a big 3-4 is the modern NBA and is what the Lakers should do IMO.

Role players will come and want to play along these guys for vet minimums due to the increased odds of winning a chip. Just like LeBron in Miami/Cleveland and the Warriors.

Yā€™all just need to calm down :joy:

Yeah, thatā€™s not the reason, I have zero lakers hate, you guys have been trash for ages and the league is better when the Lakers and Celtics are contending. I just think that the lakers line up for Russell KCP, Bron, Kuz, AD random nobody random nobody random nobody random nobody, vet min vet min vet min isnā€™t anywhere near as good as a potential lineup like

Brogdan, Reddick, Lebron, Kuz, AD, Joseph, Burks, Ennis, Morris, Gasol.

I agree that there is an argument to be made for both options but I just feel like all of those players will get paid over inflated salaries to stay where they are or move to trash teams with cap that it isnā€™t much of a point trying to get them.

If you have the chance to get Kawhi or Kyrie to put next to LeBron and AD you just do it and figure the rest out.

The last time there was this much cap space in the league the likes of Mozgov and Deng ended up getting paid 20mil each by us along with some other totally albatross contracts across the NBA.

Just to change topicā€¦ I am shocked that the Hornets arenā€™t going to offer Kemba the max and are just prepared to let him leave for nothing when he has said he wants to stay. Mind boggling stuff but Iā€™m sure Boston wonā€™t be complaining.

Marks agrees.

Mid tier players donā€™t generally money chase when they get the chance to play on a contender. I donā€™t think you fully realise how rubbish your roster is going to be if you sign another max.

Butler wants to play at the heat.

Need the Spider-Man meme!

Other news:

Brook Lopez stays at the Bucks, 4 years/$52 Million
Terry Rozier 3 yrs/$58 M to Charlotte in a sign-and-trade
JJ Redick 2 yrs/$25 M to New Orleans (Sixers needed shooters even with him on the roster!)
Dame Lillard 6 yrs/$258M supermax extension with Portland
Ricky Rubio 3yrs/$51M with the Suns

Middleton got paid, some of these numbers . Wow

1 Like

I like what the Pacers, Jazz and Pelicans have done so far

2 Likes