NBA 2018/19 Ben Simmons is ROTY. MEGA THREAD!

Freak me what a day.

I thought 2016 was crazy.

Heat trying to unfuck-up the Butler S&T

1 Like

I know some of the Knicks fans in here were all doom and gloom before FA. I now know why. I genuinely thought they would get it right this time. But wow today has been the ultimate troll:

Expectation:

KD
Kyrie

Reality:

Randle
Taj Gibson
Bobby Portis
Reggie Bullock

Then KD/Kyrie sign for the cross-town Nets.

6 Likes

Bobby Portis will be really good. But yeah they got trolled lol

Whatā€™s happening with Boogie? Is he staying at the Warriors? I wonder if heā€™ll take another MLE and join the Lakers

I still canā€™t understand the Butler to Miami thing from Butlerā€™s perspective. Heā€™s going to a non-playoff team that literally have no chance of doing anything over the life of his contract. Heā€™d have been better off staying in Philly or going to either one of the L.A. teams.

1 Like

To be fair, Miami always has a chance of making the playoffs in the Eastern Conference.
Great organisation and one of the better coaches around.

Lakers or Clippers seems likely to me. The playoffs didnā€™t do anything for his value.

Miami is a similar climate to LA so maybe he doesnā€™t want the crazy media rubbish that comes with being in LA.

Iā€™m actually more surprised that Miami would court him. Butler doesnā€™t strike me as the kind of guy thatā€™ll get along with Whiteside or Winslow.

1 Like

Miami doesnā€™t even get along with Whiteside.

2 Likes

The FA pool has dwindled significantly. If the Lakers donā€™t get Kawhi, there isnā€™t a great deal else out there to get excited by. Marcus Morris will be a handy player, floor spacing big, can shoot the 3. Kevan Looney, Kelly Oubre, Seth Curry, Enes Kanter, all could be handyā€¦

The only issue I have with this is I canā€™t see Green, Iggy and Curry signing for the vet minimum. I donā€™t think Curry qualifies for it. All those guys will make a LOT more else where, on contending teams too

Gee Kings have made some moves

They can get better playing deals elsewhere.
But a successful LA can make up for it off the court. Even Kurt Rambis made more away from basketball during his days.

Imagine who much the Birdman Chris Anderson could have made off the court at LA in comparison to what he made in Miami.

Danny Green is being pursued by the 6ers who still have a 9.7 mil trade exception.

Heā€™s gonna wanna be co staring in Spacejam 2 for that price gap

As long as we donā€™t lose Derrick Jones junior for jimmy buckets.

ā– ā– ā– ā– 

Not to mention the fact all theyā€™ve got signed now is 4-5 forwards, and all the reports are theyā€™re signing another 5 - and maybe Seth curry??

Rondo playing every minute next year?

Not all of this will happen, but if it did, then thatā€™s a championship roster. Only thing missing is who plays the 5. AD can but he prefers to play the 4. Rondo is a good fit, he hooked up well with AD at the Pelicans, LeBron seems to like him. Danny Green and Iggy are good vets. Seth Curry adds shooting from the bench. Damn I donā€™t want to see this happen!

Free agents left

Butler*

Kawhi

Boogie

Looney

Seth Curry

J. Holiday

Kanter

Hollis-Jefferson

D. Green

Ma. Morris

Oubre Ā®

Cauley-Stein Ā®

Holmes

Kleiber Ā®

Joseph

Vonleh

J. Green

Shumpert

Rondo

Noel

Wright Ā®

S. Johnson Ā®

Satoransky

Shooters will be what gets over paid for this free agency

1 Like

Celtics looking at Enes Kanter. With Horford gone it makes sense, we had nobody at the 5 with Baynes being traded as well.