NBA 2018/19 Ben Simmons is ROTY. MEGA THREAD!

**** arseholes

Hurry up and join the Lakers already!

1 Like

We signed Troy Daniels today which adds some outside shooting with rumours that Iggy, Shumpert, Korver and a few others will come to fill out the bench.

Chris Broussard and Kendrick Perkins hearing that Kawhi to the Lakers is gaining more legs.

Kawhiā€™s camp have been VERY quite though. All other players and their entourageā€™s leak like a sieve, so credit to them.

I actually think Kawhi was waiting for Canada day to finish to drop the bomb heā€™s leaving.

Genie is says she wonā€™t go into he tax, so youā€™ll only have an MLE, 3 vet mins and the rest of your roster will need to be minimum contracts after your drafted rookies contracts sign. If Kawhi signs for a few mil less than the max youā€™ll have some wiggle room.

Which he may do, he left 40mil on the table leaving the Spurs, and another 20 leaving the raps. So heā€™s not motivated by money it seems.

1 Like

Thanks.
I was wondering why that particular tweet didnā€™t come through as a notification.

I was semi rapt with that news.

1 Like

Iā€™m pumped for a Lakers v Utah match up if kawhi signs with LA.

I just hope Kawhi hasnā€™t caught ā€œstack-the-deck-itisā€ from LeBron and KD. Really hope he doesnā€™t ā– ā– ā– ā–  the NBA up by going to the Lakers.

2 Likes

The Warriors proved this year that a super team doesnā€™t always mean a title.

Like Ben says, if we get Kawhi then we are filling in the rest of the roster with minimum guys and one MLE.

Plus, AD and Kawhi donā€™t have the best injury history of late and even LeBron went down with a pretty non-LeBron injury this year.

Danny Green has said that he would love to play for the Lakers though and is reportedly waiting until Kawhi picks where he is playing before he signs anywhere.

He would be a great get for a minimum or MLE if he wants to play with Kawhi again.

I canā€™t see Green who made 10 million last year taking 2.5 when Philly are offering him 9.4.

Guys like green only get two pay days in their career, and heā€™s only got 1 in his career so far. Plus Iā€™m pretty sure the raps own his bird rights so they can offer him 15 while only taking a 10 cap hit. You may have got him for the MLE but thatā€™s looking like going to Iggy.

Just so your clear on the salaries youā€™ll be dealing with, here are the minimums. Vets at 10 years get that but only cap hit at the 3rd year price.

I really get into the machinations of how nba cap works

2 Likes

You probably need to be signing a couple of your second round picks from the last few drafts to give you some cash for a couple of 5 year guys. Or trade future picks to promising guys on rookie scale deals from teams offloading to fit other players inside their cap. ie, the 6ers May trade Bolden to free up an extra 1.6 to offer 10 to green and sign one of their 2nd rounders for 800k

Bolden would play serious minutes on the Lakers next year and the Sixers just added OQuinn so back up minutes will he rare. It could also mean that the Sixers donā€™t plan to resign Boban. He may be able to be gotten for a sign and trade for picks.

Boban would be tremendously entertaining on the Lakers

I am glad you are all across this Ben because I certainly am not :joy:

Give me Kawhi please and we will figure out the rest.

I am not that keen on Iggy TBH because everytime I watched him this year he was bricking 3 til the early morn.

Yeah, I donā€™t think you should be using the MLE on another wing. It needs to be on a starter or a bench leader.

Iā€™d be using your MLE on a shooting PG if it were me. Seth Curry or someone like that.

Personally Iā€™ve got little confidence in Palinka working out the bottom end of the roster. You need to be combing Europe for the best shooters outside you can sign to rookie deals that donā€™t make much more than what they will in the nba and a promising center to soak up the backup minutes Inevitable games Davis misses.

I donā€™t think Rob knows that side of the business, RC Buford he is not.

1 Like

Sorry, I forgot Seth signed with the Mavs

Just watched a clip that Dante is training hard this offseason

Please, please just give this kid a clear run of injuries

5 Likes

Havenā€™t followed him too much lately but the Rubio trade is good for him yeah?

Not really as the Jazz picked up Conely who will replace Rubio.

2 Likes

Dudley to the lakers.

Mudiay and J.Green to the Jazz

1 Like

Lebron & Anthony Davis right now

:joy:

4 Likes