NBA 2018/19 Ben Simmons is ROTY. MEGA THREAD!

It’s even more amazing that some didn’t even make the squad and that some were way down the bench in favour of NBL spuds like Gliddon, Sobey and Kay

You don’t know that. But you do know I don’t like him.

@benfti Landale can play. Will he get an NBA gig you reckon?

Flogged last night and losing in a similar manner tonight, not good signs for the Boomers.

Would have had one this year if his Lithuanian club let him out of his contract. They asked for something stupid for his buy out apparently

1 Like

How many donkeys, is too many donkeys?

Could someone please explain rationally why Andre Lemanis is still the coach of the Boomers. I have no answers. Is it money? Does BA really think he is the best man for the job?

No idea, it has to be money. I said on twitter most national teams spent up big on their coaches heading into this World Cup/Olympic cycle getting the absolute best. Nick Nurse, Popovich etc. Australian team doesn’t even have the best coach in the NBL

1 Like

Spare a thought.
Some of us have ended up following Boro for 15 years cos of Schwarzer and Dukes.

2 Likes

I can beat that, I started following Leeds because of Harry Kewell.

2 Likes

You evil, evil man :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I feel like he’s the right coach if we had a squad of David Andersen euroleague types but we actually have proper talent right now.

Spot on, our coaching talent needed to be elevated at the same rate our player talent did.

How we went from Brett Brown (then San Antonio assistant) coaching 2 NBA guys to Lemanis with a potential squad of 12 NBA guys is bizzare

1 Like

Bolden has withdrawn from Boomers team.

Great. Not.

Super interested to see who they go with as a replacement. Motum and Adel are the obvious ones. But Brock is already back in Spain. Adel actually offers some of the athleticism lost by Bolden leaving along with the ability to switch to the 3.

But twitter was saying David Barlow was at Boomers practice today…

■■■■■■■ lemons

Andrew Gaze suggesting on triple M that Bolden left because he was unhappy about his minutes/usage. Didn’t have any info to back that up but that’s what he said he’s suspecting.

Massive call if true

Which poses 2 possible scenarios if true.

1. We bail on trying to build a squad of our best players
  2. We get a coach that has some experience with dealing with this level of professional athletes

Makes sense to me…he got 11-12 minutes?

He’s far better off being back in the US with his team if he only gets that amount of court time with this current Boomers squad.

1 Like

Hes started a new program in addition to that, a few US media outlets have covered it, can find any Australian coverage yet.

1 Like