NBA 2018/19 Ben Simmons is ROTY. MEGA THREAD!

What exactly is the travel rule these days!?

1 Like

A sample.

2 Likes

So how would we rate that effort against the Behemoth US?

Considering players in/out etc?

The Kendrick Perkins one cracks me up…

Oh yeah…
Don’t look too closely at Shawn Kemp dunks…

2 Likes

Not sure how you expect to see it purchasing tickets below the court. I would have never purchased those tickets knowing that would be the case. If you’re not in the front row or 7 feet tall there was never a chance you’d see much.

It’s expected that a standard stadium would be tiered, therefore people up the front wouldnt get screwed

I was close enough for it not to be too bad but it’s very substandard based on what would usually be in place

3 Likes

I was front row of the top deck, those seats were ok, still not happy about the price I paid, but the game was better than I expected.
Reckon Lakers could do worse than give Bogat a call, he is still a great passer and a good defender and that’s all they need in a back up Centre.
Inglis first half killed Our hopes…
Goulding was great so was Mills
Landale looks good!! But the guy with the 3 letter name that I can’t remember his name is garbage!

1 Like

That was legit the worst entertainment experience of my life

2 Likes

Kay, he is dogshit

3 Likes

That’s him. I can’t believe he played or that the coach kept putting him out there.

I had seats on the floor and moved up to just on the edge for a better view.

We had a great night. Paid $150 bucks and got see a few of my favourite players. Kuzma, Lopez, Middleton were well worth it.

Those who paid $1500 bucks are just morons. Get on a plane and go see the real thing for about the same price.

People need to realise it’s an exhibition game in a made up stadium setup. People need to recheck their expectations and understand what is happening when they buy a ticket.

1 Like

To be fair to the morons that paid $1500 they were probably expecting the US Dreamteam that was promoted early on and heavily by the promoters.

And I don’t think its an unfair expectation to actually be able to see the event whether its from a $1500 at ground level or $100 ticket in the stands.

You are suggesting that the average punter should just hand over their hard earned $$ and be grateful that they are sharing an arena with a D Grade lineup.

That’s not how it was promoted.

4 Likes

i do actually.

Because I understand the cost of these things. Insurance on these players alone was around 25 million.

$150 is chump change to see these players. The only other option is to pay for flights and go and see it in the states.
To get reserve seats at the footy plus some beers and food is around $120 for AFL. So I think $150 is legit a fine price.

I’d pay $50 bucks each just to see Middleton, Lopez and Kuzma in real life alone.

And as for D grade?? You had 2 all stars there. Lebron, Curry and co were never coming.

Anyone that knows anything about basketball could have told them don’t believe the hype about would be playing. Since when has the US ever fielded a near full strength line-up for a WC warm-up game?
It defies belief that people actually believed the projected line-ups.

1 Like

https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/e9cafcdd7b3070cf68cfd01789a3cf3c?width=650

Was supposed to be tiered seating as per above.

2 Likes

I feel sorry for the poeple that paid for premium seating and experienced that last night. Regardless of line-ups, you fork out that cash, you’d expect to have an unimpeded view of the action. It’s a damn embarrassment to be honest. The promoters got greedy thinking that they can get 50K in if it’s hosted at Marvel, but they forgot about the fan experience. Really it should’ve been hosted at Rod Laver. 20K capacity but a purpose built venue for court-based sports, and the patrons are much closer, which would create a better atmosphere. Absolute FAIL!

3 Likes

It is not a question of hype or not.

When you purchase something you expect what you are paying for.

Are you suggesting we just remove consumer guidelines altogether or just for these events?

2 Likes

This is how they converted Dallas Cowboys Stadium for basketball - 9 fkn years ago!
If you notice, the ground seating tapers from front to back. Why couldn’t the level one ‘moveable’ seating at Marvel have been brought in and then floor seating as shown in Dallas have been used. The answer, of course, is money. Not expecting a lot when I go to tomorrow’s game.

Not the promotors.

The game was controlled by FIBA and the USA Basketball association.

They needed 50,000 people minimum to pay for everything. Rod Laver wouldn’t cut it and wasn’t accepted.

Just be thankful any of these guys took time off their holidays to come down and promote the game. We had blast. I’m not sure how you sorry saps couldn’t.

1 Like

You didn’t have the cost of flying a whole entourage and the insurance costs to bring everything to Melbourne.

It’s a different beast.