NBA 2018/19 Ben Simmons is ROTY. MEGA THREAD!

Thunder let that get away. OT

Nek minit

Nek nek nek minute

That was an amazing game, I loved watching Russ and Embiid go at it. Embiid is my favourite player in the NBA right now.

1 Like

which is more important, having a basketball background as a footballer or a football background as a basketball?

1 Like

He is the Joe Daniher of the NBA. Itā€™s like he plays in a bubble. Amazing to watch

Simmons with his 4th Triple Double. No one has had 5 in their rookie season. They missed Embiid in a big way tonight

Didnā€™t an assist get removed?

maybe. I quit after the bell

1 Like

Just going by my feeds.

The bounce through the legs was epic. This kid is a star.

I think they have given it back to him now?

Thatā€™s what it looks like.

What a game between the Lakers and Warriors.

So much fun to watch.

Teared up with all the Kobe stuff I must admit, seeing an icon who I grew up with whom I have the ultimate respect for, finally have it sink in that he is gone forever.

Thank you for everything Kobe.

3 Likes

Yep. It was a very well handles ceremony.
Jeannie Bussā€™s speech was great. Some of the words from fans were pretty emotional. We asked you for your hustle and you gave us your heart was a great and fitting line.
I couldnā€™t stand Kobe in the beginning (I was dirty that we traded away Nick Van Exel and Eddie Jones to open up some space for him), but eventually he grew on me.

The game seemed pretty good as well. Lonzo is slowly turning his season around. That shot is still terrible, but heā€™s making a better percentage recently as he was earlier in the season.
He also looked a little more aggressive in the overtime period.
Wouldnā€™t mind him getting to the free throw line more often.
Defensively, heā€™s pretty good as well (even though Kevin Durant scored the game winner in his face).

Still think that jump shot will hold him back. But he isnā€™t the basket case that he was showing earlier on in the season. Heā€™s still closer to being likened to Ricky Rubio than Jason Kidd.

He will get there.

Ingram looked like a bust last year and has been a totally different player this year.

Lonzo is getting better and still staying aggressive despite his shot not dropping consistently, which is all you can ask from him right now.

Showed some more glimpses last night of what he could become.

We really need to get PG and another superstar this off-season though, we are far too light on for talent still, star talent especially. We have no one who can get us out of those stretches of 3-4 minutes of stagnate/scoreless offence and it is just because we donā€™t have someone who can knock down shots and get to the rim and finish consistently.

Hopefully LeBron was saying that heā€™ll be with Lonzo in LA next year the other night :wink:

Iā€™m not sure PG is the right guy. Need someone younger.
I doubt Lebron would go to LA.

As far as what was saidā€¦

People getting very excited about a mid range jumper

1 Like

Simmons has also now been officially dredited with yesterdays triple double. Now equal with Kidd as the only players to have 4 in their rookie season. Today he will go past himā€¦ maybe

2 Likes

What time is it on?