NBA 2022/23

More like, leaked to TMZ for the $$$$$$$$

The cleaner, or whoever it was just got paid, whilst also losing their job.

Think I read TMZ paid $2m for the video :flushed::exploding_head:

3 Likes

False info if that was reported. Some reports were saying estimates of up to $120k.

Less than $10k is what is actually expected to be the figure from some who know how TMZ operate.

Not a lot reallyā€¦
Theyā€™re making heaps more off it from the views already.

2 Likes

Warriors playing the Lakers at the moment. Mr Triple Single not in uniformā€¦

Heā€™s probably just looking at his rings after cleaning them

1 Like

My takes so far

76ers

Lots of veteran and experienced players on the roster now, look like a bunch of hungry guys in their prime wanting to make this their year, expected position, 1. in the east

Their plethora of mid level talent has given them the depth they have lacked the last few years

Tucker adds intensity, defense, power and a corner 3
Harrell adds intensity, offense and competetiveness to the bench
Paul Reed has filled out and will be a menace
House Jr is reliable 3 and D, upgrad on Green

Maxey is looking dangerous

They donā€™t need Harden to play super well

Miami

They got Minikola Jokic as a steal in the draft

Lost Tucker but because itā€™s Miami theyā€™ll find 2 or 3 guys out of nowhere thatā€™ll make up for his loss.

They were a fit Herro away from the championships last year, he and Duncan will be fighting for that last spot in the starters or the hero off the bench. Gabe Vincent and Struss have another pre-season under the belt and either can get going quickly.

Iā€™m hoping Spo uses more Big and Big lineups with Yurtseven and Bam at the same time.

Expected position, 2. in the east

The Cavs

The cavs are not ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  around. Number 3 in the east.

Brooklyn

Ben Simmons played pretty well for a guy who hasnā€™t been on the court for 2 years. Durrant is such a beast and Kyrie is good enough to make them competetive this year despite having very little chemistry at the moment.

Chicago

I miss lonzo on this team. Have added an actual big big and a big one in that in Drummond which was their biggest weakness last year. A backup PG that can score in Dragic is also a weakness they had last year, as Coby White plays one good game every 5 and is a liability most others.

They will surprise again this year, prediction 6th in the east

Bucks

Stars outside of Giannis are fading, lost a lot of their core engine room players recently.

5th in the east.

Boston 7th

Thatā€™s all I got so far.

Pencil in the Knicks for worst in the East

Iā€™ve put a bet on the 76ers this year, got 16.5 which I thought was pretty good value.

Harden looks fit and hungry and with Embiid and Maxey gives them three guys who should be all star level or thereabouts but who also look like they want to play to each otherā€™s strengths.

Starting five of

Maxey
Harden
Harris
Tucker
Embiid

Is seriously good, thereā€™s no weak links any more and all five can shoot the three.

Tucker

Melton, House and Harrell are great adds, apparently Melton is playing better D than Matisse in practice, an ā€˜absolute menaceā€™, and he also shoots the 3 ball. Harrell gives offense off the bench but interestingly Bball Paul is getting the start at the moment so maybe Paul has come along a bit in the offseason.

Korkmaz, Thybulle, Niang, Milton and Joe round out the roster. Theyā€™ve all showed flashes of being good enough but theyā€™re a bit flaky against the better teams. Hopefully they can soak up some regular season minutes and keep everyone healthy.

Thybulle has been working hard on his outside game but until heā€™s hitting league average heā€™s unfortunately too much of a liability on the offensive end for his awesome defense to be valued. If he can get to the point where heā€™s hitting 34%+ he will get a good contract from someone when he comes up this season as 3 and D.

Iā€™m bullish on the Clippers this year. Probably a horrible take though!

Clippers v Celtics finals unfortunately.

1 Like

Wowā€¦the lack of respect for The Warriors is neverending.

Their core comes back, Whiseman is fit, Kaminga has another preseason of learning and yet people are writing them off.

It just staggers me.

1 Like

Go Clips!

Stay healthy please!

the rockets look ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– .

Donā€™t worry itā€™s all good. Just jealousy. They will all be like looking at our core of Steph, Klay and Green with four rings on their fingers.

Harden a weak link in the playoffs
Harris is overpaid
Tucker is older than my Dad
Embiid isnā€™t as funny as he thinks he is

I like Maxey though.

1 Like

golden state will win it again

3 Likes

Giddey has been working on 3-ball over summer.

Ben sure as hell hasnā€™t. So far 7/7/10 stat line v Bucks, 1/4 from the FT line. His game hasnā€™t improved one bit. Heā€™s going to be the same late game liability he was in that Hawks playoff series.

Realistically would have have even been able to properly work on his shooting while sidelined with a back injury?

Iā€™m seeing a lot of ā€œhasnā€™t worked on his gameā€, but it seems pretty unrealistic to expect improvement given heā€™s probably only been fit for 6 weeks at most

The thing is, if he gives this team 10/10/10 all season it might be good enough. He just has to take free points when theyā€™re there, and otherwise just free up KD and pull down rebounds.

5 Likes

Nicely said @frosty

But it wonā€™t sit well with the ā€œBen Simmons is the Devil in Disguiseā€ camp.

1 Like