NBA 2022/23

Actually 18 rebounds!

Heā€™s been great but unfortunately, as has been the issue since the championship, itā€™s LeBron, AD and a pile of rubbish around them.

Looks like the first time since the championship that AD is playing as if he close to 100% healthy which is a big help but even LeBron and AD at close to 100% is not enough to even scrape the play in.

A trade is still desperately needed.

1 Like

Lakers play way better without Lebron

3 Likes

Itā€™s true though, heā€™s not worth max contract.
No way he gets that $ again. Heā€™s good, but not great.

Thereā€™s probably what, 15 ? 20? guys in the league really worth max contract, heā€™s not one.

1 Like

I disagree.

I think the recipe to success with LeBron has always been to have shooters around him.

Ball movement is far better with LeBron on the court, issue is no one is capable of hitting a shot - hence poor performance.

Without LeBron the team is more dependent on getting stops and scoring in transition.

Thatā€™s how we have beaten many of the teams at our level and then always lose by double digits to any half decent team.

The reason for that is because you canā€™t implement an actual basketball system in a LeBron team. Itā€™s just him hogging the ball and 4 other guys standing around waiting to see what he does. Thatā€™s why he needs to be surrounded by spot-up shooters. The Lakers are better without him because then they run plays, guys know whatā€™s going on and they know theyā€™ll get the ball if they do this or that. Theyā€™re ready for whatā€™s going to happen. Itā€™s the elephant in the room for me. The sooner the Lakers move on from LBJ the better.

1 Like

I get that argument as well but I disagree.

Either way, Lakers arenā€™t getting rid of him any time soon after signing him to an extension.

My guess is we end up sitting on our hands, writing the season off. Get off Westbrookā€™s contract in the off-season and try and get another star to take a slight discount or try and fill out the roster with better role players.

Trade LeBron to the warriors for Kuminga and Poole, LeBron probably gets his 5th championship with Steph, Lakers donā€™t suck for 10 years, the public gets to see the two premier players of this generation in Steph and LeBron finish their careers together.

1 Like

Yeah, I think they Warriors would be chucking in a fair bit more than that for LeBron. Even at 37.

Still a better contract than Tobias Harris

Tucker suddenly looks his age the minute he got to Philly

2 Likes

Youā€™ve just disagreed with someone saying you need to surround LBJ with shooters by arguing they need to surround him with shooters.

As someone whoā€™s known for arguing around here, Iā€™m pretty impressed by that effort.

Yep, or Westbrook.

Thereā€™s a few stinkers floating around, but itā€™s true to say heā€™s overpaid.
Ends up becoming an albatross, if he was on a 15M deal, heaps of teams would be able and willing to make it work with him.

Iā€™m not sure I disagreed with the statement, more that the reason why LeBron has to be surrounded with spot-up shooters is because heā€™s a ballhog incapable of playing any other way. He canā€™t play off the ball. He doesnā€™t want to be coached, he sees himself as above that. They donā€™t run any plays. So itā€™s just him with the rock, and 4 guys standing around waiting to see what he does. The Lakers will be better off the day he retires, or if they decide to trade him elsewhere.

4 Likes

ā€œStar player runs offenseā€

1 Like

42 from Luka isnā€™t enough to win in Boston. The Celtics off the back of a combined 68 from the Jays (Tatum 37, Brown 31) and every starter reaching double figures get the W in the TD Garden.

2 Likes

Tatum MVP.

Definitely in the conversation based on NBA MVP criteria. However unless the Mavs totally underwhelm, Luka will be MVP. If he keeps these numbers going all season and the Mavs get a top 3-4 seeding in the west, itā€™s his.

Simmons 7/9, 14 points, 6 assists, 3 steals and 2 blocks today.

1 Like