NBA 2022/23

Agree.

We can rely on Lebron for 30 to 35.
AD for 25 to 30.
Russ for 10 to 20.
Schroeder 10 to 15.
Lonnie Walker 15 to 20.

So that’s 90~ points right there.
You’d probably get a combined 20 from the rest.

It’s just a matter of keeping teams below 120~ to be a chance.
On 19 occasions, teams have scored 120+ points on us. We’ve only won 7 of them.

Against a team that is hitting their 3s, we are no match as the scoring will be far too high for us to keep up to it.
Even against the Clippers, Lebron has a monster night of stats, but it wasn’t impactful. Even Kawhi and PG13 cruised through the game and rarely needed to match up on Lebron until the last quarter.

We have a team that’s better suited for 90s basketball than today.
It’s tough to force teams into midrange jumpsuits (which Kawhi and PG love).

Lebron now has scored 40 or more points against every team in the league.
I’d say Jordan definitely did that in his career. I think Kobe would have done it too. Maybe even James Harden.

google told me Jordan never did (never did it for the Wizards against the Bulls)

That’s a bit rough.
I’d exclude the team he played for in his prime.

1 Like

As soon as the stat came up the other day that we were the last team left, you knew it was coming. Lebron has been on a tear lately, so it was a given. Unfortunately Lebron scoring 40+ doesn’t equate to winning with that squad, and clips have lakers covered since lob city.

Hopefully AD comes back alright. You’ll make some teams nervous if you’re healthy and they come across you in the play in

1 Like

Nah.
If everything goes right, we might sneak into 10th and get a playin, but I’m not expecting to make it out of it. In the incredibly unlikely event that we do, we’ll be out in a gentleman’s sweep (4-1). I can rely on Lebron. But his stats don’t matter when the rest of the squad isn’t consistently trustworthy across 7 games.

Agree, your overall squad is not great at all, but a near MVP AD with Lebron up and about and just so happens to be a collective okay performance from the rest and you’ll be a challenge in play in.

You may make another fringe improvement at deadline. Still have a couple firsts to throw around. Rui will help a bit.

This is coming from a Clipper who are built like bombers supporters vs Collingwood or Carlton when it comes to Lakers.

The lower end of the west is a “anyone on any night can beat any of the other teams” in that same lower half of the standings, and then it comes down to health at the time.

I can’t believe we went on a 6 game losing streak or whatever it was and we currently sit 5th, one game off 4th.

The west is weird.

1 Like

In all honesty…
I can’t see which two teams we leapfrog to get to the playin.
I think we jump OKC, but the second is a little tougher. Phoenix will not implode and drop any further. Utah could drop, but I thought they’d begin dropping in a few months ago. They are still travelling okay. Sacramento will drop but I doubt they drop that far. Minnesota are about where you expect them to be.
Plus we have had a pretty easy schedule for the start to the year and it’s only going to be tougher.
And we’re relying on AD to be fit and firing for two and a half months. That hasn’t happened for three years.

Utah I reckon will go and offload and reload. Portland you can jump. Suns are no lock, CP3 dicey, and when without Book Suns really struggle as you’d expect.

There’s only 2.5 games between 13th where you are and 7th. It’s actually really close and won’t take much to jump up (or down).

OKC has a pretty easy end to the season. And with their form being on the up, I wouldn’t count on it.

2 Likes

Agree

OKC have figured out how to play a pretty solid game now.

Nets @ Philly. Embiid v Ben. If Simmons gets out of this without Embiid “accidentally” landing on his back/knee/ankle he will be doing well!

1 Like

Sixers getting every call thus far

Ben Simmons is a shell of himself.

It’s laughable how quick he needs to get the ball out of his hands, never thinking of attacking and scoring himself.

Just a glorified role player with major weaknesses.

Such a shame.

I hope one day he figures it out and can battle his demons.

4 Likes

Got the least amount of heart of any NBA player I’ve ever seen.

4 Likes

I dont remember a player getting a worse reception that Ben Simmons is from Philly.
Maybe LBJ when he left Cleveland, but there was still a lot of love.

Simmons has had a good 3 minute stretch there after a pretty horrible game. Aggressive at the basket, made them defend him. More please, it’s been a bit embarrassing up until now.

High quality contest

Embiid is such a toss3r.

3 Likes

Remember when you could genuinely argue who you’d keep to lead the 76ers? Joel or Ben.
That argument is far gone.
Ben just doesn’t want it as much as others do.

He’s going to struggle finding his next contract without changing his lifestyle.

1 Like

Colangelo wanted to keep Simmons. That guy must have been a league plant