NBN - should I stay or should I go?

I didnt get a choice.

Telstra sent me a brand new modem, plugged in, instant transfer. No extra charges. 1000GB a month on 50 down 10 up I think.

Started on 500GB, 25 down and 5 up and they upgraded it with no extra charge 4 months later.

I do know that, but Iā€™m satellite. Not sure Iā€™d bother getting the 4K version of any download. Not sure I see the point for a lot of materialā€¦HD is good enough.

You can choose what gets streamed to you in settings. Iā€™ve set it to hd because ADSL is ā– ā– ā– ā– .

Yeah, but what are NBN speeds like during peak times?

Glad I got on MyRepublic before they changed their prices. Still getting 100mbps for $60/mo. Steal!

Canā€™t beat fibre to the home either.

2 Likes

FTTN supposedly being enabled in my area in September. Currently on 4mb/0.8mm ADSL so I will take any sort of improvementā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m exactly the same, waiting for them to advise I can connect. They laid cables in Feb.

Itā€™s delivered by satellite only mate.
No need to worry about bandwidth.
Iā€™m in.

I thought the only things recorded in 4k were those timelapse cityscapes they put on tvs in showrooms. Why would you want to stream that?

2 Likes

it wonā€™t be worse than an ageing network that has no maintenance done on it because the NBN have bought it.

1 Like

That depends on the connection type (FTTN, FTTP, HFC, soon to be FTTC) amount of traffic that flows in the area and how much ā€œbandwidthā€ the carrier you are with has bought.

FTTP is generally best, followed by FTTC then HFC/FTTN.

1 Like

18 months max

1 Like

Horrible.

2 Likes

Yeah, but are they peak time speeds show off :grinning: 9.05am, when everyoneā€™s at work ā€¦

1 Like

ENVY ME!

LOL

Oh thatā€™s 9:05AM GMT which is 7:05pm melbourne time.

No!

I love those time lapse demotapes. I want them. In UHD, 4K, whatever.

FMD

1 Like

because youā€™re worth it.

I kinda liked 1998.
How did you do it?