NCAA Football

Yes !!! The Florida State Seminoles win, with Heisman trophy winner ’ Famous ’ Jameis Winston throwing the winning touchdown with 13 seconds left in the game. At one stage FSU were down 3-21. What a ripper!!! Dream season for the Noles

Florida State Fans Celebrate Victory Over Auburn

No. 1 Florida State Beats No. 2 Auburn 34-31

JAN 7, 2014, 4:32 PM

by

JAY REEVES

PHIL SEARS

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Florida State fans shouted and danced in raucous celebration after their top-ranked team roared back in the fourth quarter to beat Auburn in the BCS championship game.

Many pumped fists gleefully and shouted deliriously in Tallahassee, Fla., after Jameis Winston threw a 2-yard touchdown pass to Kelvin Benjamin with 13 seconds left as Florida State beat Auburn 34-31 on Monday night.

In Tallahassee, two machines shot streams of confetti down on thousands of fans who jumped and danced in a civic center where they watched the game. For both sides, it was a tense finale after a game in which Auburn had much of the first-half momentum.

In Auburn, stunned fans emptied out of bars, some falling on their knees once the clock expired in Pasadena, Calif.

I like FSU a lot. They had an Aussie on their S&C staff last year and have a few Aussies on their various sports rosters, but I wanted Auburn to win and thought they got a bit lucky in the end (However Auburn had a lot of 'miracles' to get to the NC game). Read a ripping article on Mahlzahn yesterday and so I'm disappointed they couldn't get up. Winston had one of the all-time famous victory speeches too. The boy is a bit simple I think.. but he can play!

Blake Bortles declared for the draft today too. Makes sense after the season he had personally and with the knight. 
With Bortles declaring, that puts him, Manziel, Bridgewater and Carr all up and all will go top 10 I would think. As a Vikings fan I'm a bit more invested in these guys as we will pick one of them first round (pick 8). Will be either Manziel or Carr. I'd probably prefer Carr despite the hype on Manziel. We need the best passer possible to open our offense away from AP.

Not sure Manziel will go top 10. I would think top 20, he’s yet to declare if he’ nominating for the draft.

Manziel will go top ten (not meaning to sound like an ass, this is just why I think he will).
A dual-threat QB in the truest sense, he is most well known for his ability to rip teams with his awesome scrambling ability. He is just electric. He doesn't get the credit on his passing game that it deserves from a lot of the 'outer', that is fans from opposing teams who are just biased. The draft experts like Daniel Jerimiah and co rate him. His yards, TDs, completions, completion % and QB rating all increased this year on last, the year he won the Heisman. Texans would do well to get him, but not at no. 1. Maybe trade down the order and nab a Defensive End or something and grab Manziel at 6,7,8. He will get off the board by 10. Too many top pick teams need QBs.

And he is going to declare, Barry. There is nothing surer in the world. 

I like FSU a lot. They had an Aussie on their S&C staff last year and have a few Aussies on their various sports rosters, but I wanted Auburn to win and thought they got a bit lucky in the end (However Auburn had a lot of 'miracles' to get to the NC game). Read a ripping article on Mahlzahn yesterday and so I'm disappointed they couldn't get up. Winston had one of the all-time famous victory speeches too. The boy is a bit simple I think.. but he can play!

yep Winston can really play. Superstar. Heisman winner now BCS championship. So happy FSU won. Hope its a good omen for the Bombers this year.

Winston talking about playing baseball too. Think he’s contracted to Texas.

Winston talking about playing baseball too. Think he's contracted to Texas.

yep he plays baseball at Florida State and was drafted to MLB from high school but decided to go to college to play baseball and football. Being a QB he may have to choose one sport but is a super talented sportsman. Heisman winner, national championship and MLB draftee. Just turned 20 yesterday

He didn't take up the offer (obviously). He got drafted in the eighth round IIRC and so whilst he is talented he wasn't an out and out gun.
I'm pretty positive I've read a few times that he is firmly focused on his FB career being number 1 priority. 

And Lawry, is there any reason you are a Noles fan?

What an end to the BCS era. Some big upsets in BCS games including my Sooners knocking off Bama in the sugar bowl. On to the playoff system next year

He didn't take up the offer (obviously). He got drafted in the eighth round IIRC and so whilst he is talented he wasn't an out and out gun.
I'm pretty positive I've read a few times that he is firmly focused on his FB career being number 1 priority. 

Winston went in the 15th round but thats mainly due to teams belief that his college commitment was very strong and he would be almost impossible to sign.

Haven't seen anyone going crazy over his college baseball results so I'd suggest his focus on football may have stalled his baseball development a little.

NFL all the way I'd say.

And Lawry, is there any reason you are a Noles fan?

long story. But many parallels between the noles and Essendon. They too had a long time legendary coach (Bowden) like Sheeds and IIRC won the national championship back in 1993 and 1999 (when the bombers were good - yes we should have won in 1999)

Winston went in the 15th round but thats mainly due to teams belief that his college commitment was very strong and he would be almost impossible to sign.

Haven't seen anyone going crazy over his college baseball results so I'd suggest his focus on football may have stalled his baseball development a little.

NFL all the way I'd say.

15th round - my bad. I think I got him confused with Russell Wilson perhaps, but Wilson went fourth round. Anyway...

Nice to see the SEC get a dose of humility. Most satisfying bowl season in some time.

And the Huskers won, of course, which always helps.

Manziel has nominated himself for draft this year

Manziel is most likely to end up with the Browns. I've got to say not really a fan of this guy at all, just seems like he'll be another Tebow.

Manziel is most likely to end up with the Browns. I've got to say not really a fan of this guy at all, just seems like he'll be another Tebow.

Yep has draft bust written all over him.
Talking of the draft if Dallas do not draft a DT,DE and Safety in the first few rounds I will seriously lose my ■■■■. Also need to draft a G.

Much better player then Tebow, their passing skills aren’t even in the same league.

Certainly won't go past the Browns.....Another Tebow....give me a spell......Taller than Tebow, can sit in the pocket and throw big Boy NFL throws. Wide out across the body to the sideline. Down the field , quick release, can throw from any position thanks to his Short Stop baseball days (had an offer to play for Texas baseball). My favourite is that he will get hurt easy. I am more worried about drafting a 6 ft 4 immobile guy then Johnny getting hurt. He'll learn to stay more in the pocket....he will still make guys miss at the next level will just have to choose his spots more....Maybe 2-3 play called runs and 2/3 runs improvised. Hell will raise if the Texan's don't draft him at one or trade down and get him.

Biggest question for me is this...His offseason which the media spun out of control (hey you know how that works don't you.....like actually tell me something he did that was wrong?) was justified by him saying I am just being a college kid. Well he is no longer a college kid. Time to be a pro.

Also Winston contributed quite a bit to the Noles baseball team his redshirt year. Not sure on plans for this year.

PS if you want to see the real Johnny Manziel PM me. He released news of his going pro to a Premium website called TexAgs to give them publicity. Then did video interview. Happy to give you a login to see the video ...16 minute interview to really understand the guy

Edit: Its free. Here you go http://texags.com/Stories/12612/exclusive-manziel-opens-up-about-nfl-decision