NEC pays up for naming rights to The Hangar

If you want to seriously assess that case, compare the AFL team to the VFL teams: the latter are much more affected as they train at night on the ground without the Hangar as protection.

I don’t think so. Moved to training full time at the Hangar in 2014, Essington was already in full force.

The ‘world class’ facilities haven’t stopped our players getting soft tissue injuries either.

1 Like

Do you really think that we are the only club that trains out in the open???

I think it’s more that the players panic in pressure situations and that is what affects their skills.

The number of “throw it on the boot and get rid of it” kicks last night had little to do with the weather and more to do with a mix of real and perceived pressure.

1 Like

“With our existing dedicated community oval, coupled with a new community and education hub, sports museum, function centre, athlete accommodation, community health and wellbeing centre and public cafe set to be officially unveiled in the coming months, the NEC Hangar’s vision to meaningfully serve Melbourne’s north-west community will soon come to life.

So does this mean, as a member of the community, I can just show up and start training as well? It’s only fair after the government(s) have thrown so much money into professional sports clubs around the country.

1 Like

He left too soon.

13z1f5z

1 Like

A few snaps on the EFC Instagram from an opening event at the club today.

The new joint looks good, much better than what it did. Previously it seemed like a shed and an office for a manufacturing company. Now it looks much more inviting, and the museum looks good. Don’t know why it wasn’t done like this to start with, but well done.

Didn’t have the money to start with, but it does look great.

It looks super impressive. But it certainly doesn’t scream “Essendon Football Club” when you walk in the main entrance. Feels more like the foyer of a swanky hotel. I’m sure once you get into the heart of the place that it does start to feel more like the home of a footy club, and I’m sure the foyer/main entrance is that way for a reason. But I’d love it to showcase Essendon, and our colours, a bit more than it does. I’m being pedantic I know.

But I don’t get why the exterior of the extension isn’t red & black. Seems an odd choice to me. Makes it really stick out

Media was there today

I’m guessing it will be Xavier or Rutten talking to them

Do I spot an intruder in the background?

4 Likes

Love a bit of Sarah Jones :+1:

1 Like

What background, I just see Sarah.

1 Like

The new upgrade looks mint photos via the clubs website

I’m going to have to make my way down to tulla like the look of the Hall of fame

Would have been a wonderful day for Sarah and the Jones family

4 Likes

“Excuse me Sir, can you please leave”

2 Likes

Couldn’t give a stuff about the shiney new facilities, it proves that it doesn’t guarantee success.

Just hope we can win a flag before stage 15 is finished

1 Like

Actually I remember in the 2002-2010 period the excuse around here for our lack of success was exactly that, ■■■■ facilities. It hasn’t helped at all to be honest.

2 Likes

images (2)

1 Like

Doesn’t mean the outdated facilities at windy hill weren’t an issue though.

2 Likes