Need ideas for a fake haunting

One of my housemates is deadset terrified of haunted houses so we are subtlely trying to convince him our place is haunted.

So far we have left a book open on his bed with a bookmark in it, made his bed, left a spatula on his pillow ect.

Just slowly progressing every week or so to make him think he’s either going crazy or being haunted.

Need ideas how to escalate this now

Should be really fkn scarey when you push him over the edge & he goes berserk with a machete or something.

Leave all his drawers and / or cupboards open.

If you can find a way to fark with his lights, it will go up a level. Even if you can sneak a timer onto a lamp, and have it come on at 3am.

RIP YT

Leave all his drawers and / or cupboards open.

If you can find a way to fark with his lights, it will go up a level. Even if you can sneak a timer onto a lamp, and have it come on at 3am.

This is what we want.

the light idea is perfect

Why not just summon up a real demon? With the internet at your disposal all sorts of grimoires of eldritch and forbidden knowledge are available.

Recording of a kid giggling that only he can hear in the middle of the night.
Would be easy enough to download.

eerie howling noises echoing through the hallway - just once or twice initially. and then maybe once or twice a week at odd/various times.

crooked paintings/wall hangings.

needs to be the whole house - and other peoples bedrooms - not just his

Recording of a kid giggling that only he can hear in the middle of the night. Would be easy enough to download.
Topped off with the oldest stuffed toy you can find in an op shop appearing somewhere in his room the next day

The power plug timer can be really useful and moved around in different days. Blenders, TV, stereo that sort of stuff going off at particular times.
If you have a battery operated clock in the house get some flat batteries the same brand as the ones you use and occasionally put them in and set the clock to a particular time. Always the same time.

We got my friends roommates favourite Michael Jackson life size cut out and burnt it on the front lawn, poured olive oil down the hallway and surfed his surfboard down the hallway and into the kitchen.

I have a sneaky suspicion he knew it was us. Oh man that was one hell of a party…

Wear an Andrew Demetriou mask

Cut his brake lines

edit… too much?

Get a Oujia Board. Fakeness no longer needed.

Beat me to it.

I do like the child laughter idea. Don’t put it on repeat because that would allow the player to be found. Long delay, one of laughter, silence. That way you can do it again a few nights later and they won’t be able to narrow down where it’s from.

Leave child’s clothing in communal laundry.

Get a trike, put mud on the tires and leave tracks on the floor. Then take the trike out of the house.