Netflix - recommend me a good movie/TV series

Yep very pleasantly surprised. Watching it as one of the GF’s picks. She loves Gilmore Girls, I don’t.

But this is really good. Really funny.

2 Likes

Mr robot.
Strong acting, writing, filming but can go missed and story goes over some peoples heads.
4th and last season will start soon.

1 Like

It was like mad men meets Seinfeld.
Never watched Gilmore girls but maybe I should as it’s the same creator.

Happy is a brilliant show. The second season is set to come out in April.

1 Like

My sister and her husband are down, so I’m watching it for the second time. So very good.

The ones who usually get the big kudos are Rachel Brosnahan (House of Cards, Manhattan), Alex Borstein (Meg from Family Guy) and Tony Shalhoub (Monk), but Marin Hinkle as Rose, Midge’s mum, is brilliant too.

And Zachary Levy from Chuck is prominent in the second series.

The dialogue is as good as anything you’ll hear.

Best TV show I’ve seen in 5 years…at least.

1 Like

If you haven’t seen it, watch Mindhunter. Very very good. Altered Carbon and Lost in Space are also very good if you like sci-fi.

4 Likes

From the makers of Crank.

1 Like

Please explain the explanation mark. :smiley:

I saw a really interesting doco on a plane recently. It was about how China has installed 20,000 km of high speed train lines (vs 0 in Aus) and all the things they had to invent to do that. I had thought that all they needed to do was just do more pretty much what they do for normal trains, but it is amazing all the extra challenges they had to meet and overcome.

A few weeks later I saw a news report that China just had a contract to sell high speed trains to Germany, so their engineering would have to be superb.

Look out for it - or take a ride on one if you go to China.

Mindhunter was really good.
I recently watched “you” which was pretty good also the latest interactive Netflix series of black mirror where u choose the story. Was hilarious making choices and seeing the results.

1 Like

You’re just jealous of my new friend and all my new knowledge

1 Like

High speed rail - didn’t realise it was an election year?

1 Like

hehehe oops!!! <=== (extra added for explanation :stuck_out_tongue: )

American Vandal

Absolutely gripping stuff

Yup.

The Dirt, good movie.

1 Like

Quite enjoyed watching Umbrella Academy with the fam.

Sports doco, Sunderland til I die. You just get invested in all the people featured.

2 Likes

Moody’s Christmas, 6 episodes, every episode is Xmas day in the next year. Very funny stuff best enjoyed over a few beers.

1 Like

If you feel like a very well written produced acted and overall awesome foreign Netflix movie I recommend :

The world is yours.

Very good - probably the best thing you will see this year on Nettflix & certainly the best year to date.

Being able to read subtitles is necessary.

1 Like

My daughter loaded Netflix for when she visits and told us to use her log in whenever knowing we hardly ever watch TV. At first I thought lots to choose but give me a book any day. But I have to admit to watching all of the Italian Renaissance garden series by Monty Don? I think. Invitation only gardens, they are often walled or on islands. And breathtaking. And crucially the host knows his stuff.
My daughter tells me he now has a French garden series. Only thing I’ve watched on NF despite having access for a year but it was very good.

3 Likes