New Book 'We Are Essendon'

“But I’m not the only one in that situation, I know 40 other blokes thinking ‘this is annoying me’; who think ‘my teammates have done nothing wrong and I’m being affected here as well by them being suspended and they don’t deserve to be’.”

A quote from Zaka.

3 Likes

Hey BomberBen I looked into this and sadly you are right. It is very expensive, I blame Aust Post. You can order online via ITunes from Wednesday.

Picked up a copy on Saturday and started reading yesterday. Got to about page 120. Very good read thus far. Got quite emotional reading about the march last year and reliving that day in my head. Great insight by those interviewed. Top job

2 Likes

My first outing today since surgery on Monday.

Went to the newsagent to buy some thank you cards, first thing I spotted when I walked in was our/the book front shelf. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Good to hear you’re out & about, & on the way to be fit & firing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good to hear you’re up and about :slight_smile:

1 Like

Arrayed in the front window of Collins Booksellers in Liebig St, Warrnambool, this morning so I grabbed a copy.

1 Like

Thought you were the Kindle type.

Bought the book a few weeks ago at Slattery Media in the city.
It was a good read and highlighted the depth of support, passion and care for the players and the club shown by the members / fans over the past four years.
All that love and passion was on display on Saturday night for all to see.

2 Likes

Sorry, Diggers…not for books with photos or books I lend.

Just an update: here’s a new podcast where I talk indepth about the book …

1 Like

I’ll be yakking about the book at Avondale Heights Library next Thursday night. You can buy a copy. And I’ll sign your book if you bring it along.
It’s a free event but you need to book.

Sorry everyone, maybe last plug about this book haha!

l was home for 5 weeks recently, and managed to see a copy in the Hastings library, which l duly borrowed. While l was there l got talking with a woman, who was another Bomber supporter. l showed her the cover and she recserved it straight away.

I loved the detail, and the immediacy, and being able to put some faces to a few of the names in the Saga thread. Moistly l marvelled at the resilience, of the people involved. Stay strong.

3 Likes

I bought it a while ago, but still haven’t gotten around to reading it.
I need a holiday…

1 Like

September?

1 Like

Hahahahaha

1 Like

I’ll be signing books outside gate 7 at Etihad tomorrow night 6.30. Near the green sculpture.

Will also have a handful to sell at $25, cash only.

2 Likes