New CEO. Same as the old CEO

So I did a quick look and didn't see a thread already.  I figured I would get one started.

With AD now departing at teh end of the season,  the speculation will build over who will replace him.

For a long time it seemed that Gill McLachlan would just take over, but his rep seems to have been quite muddied by teh events of 2013.

I've been thinking, and I have a left field outside smokey chance that I wonder about.

Justin Madden.

He's announced he's not standing again at the election later in the year,  so he'll be short of a gig.

He's been involved in Parliament for 15 years.  Been the minister for sport for 7,  and the minister for planning for 4.

He's a dual premiership player,  who's earnt life membership at a big AFL club.   He won 2 Best & Fairests at that club,  in an era of champions.

I can not think of any one in the world who would be better placed to take over the role of AFL CEO.

I'd prefer Simon, but I agree that Justin certainly seems like a very logical and well credentialed choice.

Justin Madden was about the worst Planning Minister this great State has ever had. Perfect credentials to take over from Vlad.

Corrupt as all F. Made up for being the worst footballer of his siblings by becoming a Carlton player.

He’d fit in perfectly. Oh hi Mike, you want more money for your homebush venue? Sure, here you go.

I don’t doubt he’s on the list.

This thread is going places.

Benny Gale is one tip.

Hopefully someone not so corrupt. Although wouldn’t be surprised if Demetriou wasn’t corrupt when he started off either. Not to mention the only way of best ensuring things were done properly would be to sack everyone.

The wheels really fell off Demetriou the last 3-4 years.

Always been a bit arrogant & laisez faire, but when genuine problems did need his attention he still just tried to sit on them & make them go away.

went to the dark side long ago.

there is no good left in him.

and hes building another death star.

possibly hirdys father.

so yesh probably best candidate.

Benny Gale is one tip.

At least the AFL would (finally) get a return on the MBA they paid for him to get, just before he left the AFLPA.

■■■■.

Is old mate Jeffrey in with a shot?

The AFL is already a circus and Jeff would make a fine ring leader

a doctor capable of giving injections

He thinks he is.
He's been lobbying for the job for at least two years.
The distinct lack of a single person saying, 'yeah, that might be a good idea' seems to have no effect on him. But of course it never has previously.

He thinks he is.
He's been lobbying for the job for at least two years.
The distinct lack of a single person saying, 'yeah, that might be a good idea' seems to have no effect on him. But of course it never has previously.
Im sure the commission could be *cough* bribed

Tim Wilson, he's a proper ■■■■,  he'll fit right in.

I don't get how Gale is the front runner. Riewoldt has become the biggest sook in the league.. Jake King has revived the great relationship with the Bandidos and Dusty Martin is the human headline. All under Gales reign at Ninthmond.

Alan Joyce.

So I did a quick look and didn't see a thread already.  I figured I would get one started.

With AD now departing at teh end of the season,  the speculation will build over who will replace him.

For a long time it seemed that Gill McLachlan would just take over, but his rep seems to have been quite muddied by teh events of 2013.

I've been thinking, and I have a left field outside smokey chance that I wonder about.

Justin Madden.

He's announced he's not standing again at the election later in the year,  so he'll be short of a gig.

He's been involved in Parliament for 15 years.  Been the minister for sport for 7,  and the minister for planning for 4.

He's a dual premiership player,  who's earnt life membership at a big AFL club.   He won 2 Best & Fairests at that club,  in an era of champions.

I can not think of any one in the world who would be better placed to take over the role of AFL CEO.

I would prefer Jeff Kennett and he is one of my least favourite AFL people. Justin Madden - jeez I thought the nightmare was over. At least Kennet has the ability to think occasionally. Sorry Mods couldn't resist.

Kim Williams

paul roos, the saviour