CEO - Xavier "Drive Purposeful Innovation" Campbell — well… bye!

No way shorter games. Its a reduction of value for me as a fan. I have to travel ( waste) 3 hours to get to a game and home again. At a certain point I am going to stay home and watch the tele. 30 minute quarters hit the sweet spot.

4 Likes

Agreed. Plus game time is pretty well the only “me time” that I get all week. So make it longer, not ■■■■■■ shorter!

2 Likes

Don’t resist. You might learn something.

100%. Very non-committal responses to a (probably) dumb question.

No changes for mine.

3 Likes

Every single idea he floated is a complete dud. AFLX is good — is he kidding??? Shorter game, more “value-add” before it starts — as if there’s not enough crap already.

The quarters were reduced from 25 to 20 minutes I would guess about 15-20 years ago. They don’t need to be reduced again.

Go back to 25 minutes no time on. Found to be time waiting 5 game ban. Forfeit match payments, sponsorship payments and baseline payments.

Someone wants a job at the AFL

9 Likes

That’s right.

Instead of shorter quarters, how about shorter tenures from gobby CEO’s?

2 Likes

Umpires running forwards rather than backwards would save them some time.

1 Like

Fold north, nuke GCS and farkcarlton.

Im not sure if that achieves any of the stated objectives, but we should probably do it anyway.

5 Likes

If quarters were 15 minutes, we would have beaten Sydney and Brisbane and finished in the top four.
Could have snagged a final too.

X is onto something.

3 Likes

The only reasonable grounds for shortening quarters is if it is to accomodate an extended season whereby every club plays each other twice. Once home and once away.

In fact I’d be all for that

1 Like

We’d have needed a 10-minute game to beat Sydney.

Love ya positivity but Collingwood would have beaten us on Anzac Day and unfortunately f¥€£ Carlton still woulda won in 99.

Xav. Mate. Please. Xav. Please. Mate. Come on. No. Xav. No mate.

4 Likes

Those 2 extra wins wouldn’t have got us in the top 4. It would have meant 6th and a home final against Sydney.

shorter quarters = less taxing game = legends can play longer.

imagine 3 more years of jobe?

Playing like last year or worse?
No thanks

1 Like

I think he was referring to the home and away game, not the final. I understand if you’ve forgotten us playing Sydney in the home and away season. I’ve tried to forget but the nightmares keep happening.