New Director

She can definitely influence your perception of what she can influence!

3 Likes

I write to you today to advise of Kate O’Sullivan’s appointment to the Club’s Board of Directors.

Kate fills the casual vacancy created by the resignation of Ken Lay, who has stood down from his position on the Board to focus on his expanding professional opportunities.

Kate brings a wealth of experience to the Board, with her most recent assignment as Chief Executive Officer of the Pegasus Leisure Group (subsidiary of the Melbourne Racing Club).

EFC “democracy” in action yet again

A CEO of a pokies group :confused:

4 Likes

Surely there were better choices than a merchant of misery.

3 Likes

AFL app gets you everything

If Telstra customer also unmetered IIRC

The soul of this club died a long, long time ago. Tortured to death Ramsay Bolton style by Peter Jackson and his mercenary band of lickspittles.

This is a disgraceful appointment. I’ve no interest in re-sparking the pokies debate again, but this club is up to it’s neck in purveying poverty, addiction and exploitation, now they add an industry shill to the ranks.

I support the Essendon football team. The club can go and get ■■■■■■.

5 Likes

But Essendon are getting out of pokies…

Look, I don’t care.
I don’t approve of pokies, in any way at all whatsoever.

But I don’t need my football team to share my view.

Just admit it.
Say it.
We loooooooove pokies.
We’re NEVER getting rid of them.
We love them so much we want to marry them.
We love them so much we put an actual pokie machine on the board.

And, you know, fine.
It’s the…being taken for a fool that ■■■■■ me more than anything else.

Now, what else do you want me to believe?
Cockheads.

7 Likes

Having a bad day dingus ?

Don’t think Kate works for TABCORP any longer.

Good move, hopefully the club can consider my idea for pokies in the rear of seats at Marvel to give the supporters something to do during the breaks

14 Likes

You know they won’t be on farking level two.

5 Likes

why limit it to breaks? Most of last weeks game would have been enough to wipe the hanger debt

3 Likes

YES!
Brilliant stuff.
Free spins or Rozee slams home another.
Bit of a no brainer for me

The cynic in me is beginning to think this may be linked to our poor starts to seasons (higher attendances) and then moving on to to poor first halves (need to start winning the games to keep the gamblers…I mean supporters coming back)

Is that PR speak for “he wants an actual job”

Probably “doesn’t have any pokie machines”.

A gaming expert onto the Board. Really? How far removed from the realities of life is this Board? Sends a terrible message to the members. I really will be considering my membership in 2020.

Tim Costello needs to run for the board

6 Likes

Probably about as removed as some members are from the commercial realities of running a business.

4 Likes

Good appointment. Believe it will help meet our club’s main objective of driving purposeful innovation.

4 Likes

At what social cost?

Showing how everything is intertwined in the AFL world

Collingwood last year sold off it’s gaming operations to the Pegasus Group

CEO of said group gets AFL Board appointment 12 months later